Author Topic: Very weird long-standing issue **SOLVED**  (Read 1964 times)

Dimon

Very weird long-standing issue **SOLVED**
« on: March 12, 2018, 01:31:32 pm »
Good afternoon.

I'm experiencing very strange and complex issue that started back in October 2017 when I upgraded from P3D4.0 to 4.1

It all started when all of my PMDG planes (737/747/777) began to experience left-engine N2 failure on the engine start-up procedure. The symptoms were 100 identical on all three planes: started right engine=Ok, started left engine = engine generator failure = end of the flight. I have opened a ticket at PMDG support and we started to work slowly by adding/removing FSUIPC, AS2016 and other stuff = no luck at all as the issue periodically occurs and there was no clear cause-and-effect pattern.

However, during the recent week when I had two instances of this issue again, I had noticed another parallel issue. Every time I had an issue with PMDG left engine start-up, I also noticed that GSX was losing a connection with P3D and then reconnecting again. In other words, there was SOMETHING that has been disconnecting both PMDG and GSX from P3D and while GSX is able to recover by merely restarting without interrupting P3D session, PMDG planes require a full restart of flight session. I'd like to emphasize again that every time PMDG "fails", GSX "fails" as well. It only happens on the ground, there are no issues in the air. P3D itself does not crash. Seems to me like Simconnect issue, but I'm not a professional to judge

Here is my set-up.

P3D v4.1, Win 7 PRO,
P3D installed into the stand-alone directory on the disc C:
FSDT folder is installed within P3D main folder.
Norton Antivirus exclusions set for the entire P3D folder.
I also have SODE version 1.3 and 1.62 installed side-by-side, however I cannot reinstall 1.3 as it says something about Windows register issue. I don't know how it can be critical for my issue, but I have zero problems with SODe functionality

Hence, you help would be much appreciated as I don't want to go with the entire P3D resintall.

Thank you
Dmitriy

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:58:48 pm by virtuali »
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Very weird long-standing issue.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:38:34 am »
In other words, there was SOMETHING that has been disconnecting both PMDG and GSX from P3D and while GSX is able to recover by merely restarting without interrupting P3D session, PMDG planes require a full restart of flight session. I'd like to emphasize again that every time PMDG "fails", GSX "fails" as well.

Was GSX running some animation at that time ? Animations might put an additional strain on Simconnect so, if you have lots of other addons using it, it's possible it couldn't keep up with all the traffic, so it disconnected.

Have you tried running the Simconnect diagnostic mode ? See here how to enable it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15279.msg110981.html#msg110981

Of course, the correct folder for P3D would be the P3D4 Files under Documents, not the FSX Files, but it's otherwise the same procedure.

Dimon

Re: Very weird long-standing issue.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:16:11 pm »
The problem has been solved as default P3D Ctrl-E engine start command was assigned to one of EZDOK's cameras.

Thank you!
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.