Author Topic: Hide the little staricase  (Read 2971 times)

tonaz

Hide the little staricase
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:01:57 am »
Hello Virtuali, Hello Umberto,
is it possible to somehow hide the little staircase?
For example the CRJ got its own stairway and calling a boarding the GSX staircase will go inside the plane's stairway, not looking good.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:04:34 am by tonaz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hide the little staricase
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:03:26 pm »
For example the CRJ got its own stairway and calling a boarding the GSX staircase will go inside the plane's stairway, not looking good.

What CRJ are you referring to ? The Aerosoft one ? If yes, the *current* GSX configuration that comes with it already provides for disabling the staircase without disabling the door entirely.

If you use the Aerosoft CRJ, be sure you are using the default GSX configuration, not some configuration you made or downloaded because, in that case, the one you made/downloaded will take precedence over the GSX internal one, even if in this case the GSX internal one it's better.

The airplane configuration page will tell you from where GSX is taking the airplane configuration data.

If you are not using the Aerosoft, but another CRJ, please indicates which one it is, because we will need to add it to the internal GSX database, since the ability to disable stairs without disabling the whole door, it's not user customizable yet.

tonaz

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 12:14:04 pm »
I see and thanks for the detailed explanation.
Well, it is my own CRJ, a high definition rework of the "old" fsx crj, ported to p3d, i made.
How could i make it work?
Thanks a lot again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »
Well, it is my own CRJ, a high definition rework of the "old" fsx crj, ported to p3d, i made.

In that case, your only option would be setting the front door height to 0.

tonaz

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 01:04:45 pm »
Sounds cool, thanks!
Do you mean in the aircraft cfg or gsx cfg?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:08 pm »
Do you mean in the aircraft cfg or gsx cfg?

GSX.CFG, of course. You are not required to edit the file manually, of course, just set the door on ground with the graphical editor.

tonaz

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 11:12:21 am »
Works perfectly thanks.
Last question, if i put gsx.cfg in the airplane folder, i can delete it from roaming/virtuali/airplane one, correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:55 pm »
Last question, if i put gsx.cfg in the airplane folder, i can delete it from roaming/virtuali/airplane one, correct?

Yes, but it's not probably a good idea doing that.

The airplane folder is supposed to contain a GSX.CFG file provided by the airplane developer so, in case you RESET the plane configuration from the GSX editor, it won't really "reset", but it will reset to that file so, if it's something you made yourself, it might be confusing later on, in case you'll want to return to the GSX default, you will wonder why the Reset won't work.

Also, if you uninstall or update the airplane, that file might be possibly removed/overwritten by the airplane installers/updaters, something that won't happen to the files under %APPDATA%\Virtuali, which nobody will ever remove, not even the GSX uninstaller.