Author Topic: GSX pushback function issue when using Sky Force 3D?  (Read 6590 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX pushback function issue when using Sky Force 3D?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 12:39:29 am »
But there was also no resolution posted in this thread. Thus as a customer the perception is that the issue was never dealt with, or a fix never made public. So yes I am aware that this is an old thread and instead of rehashing a new one as I figure it is something unique and not often seen, continued on this thread.

I never said you shouldn't have replied to this thread "because it's old". I said this thread is old, to point out nobody ever reported a problem after that original report.

Fortunately, I store all my email since the 90's on our server, which is helpful in this case.

Let's see the chronology of this issue:

Pit and Bluenarval reported this problem on January 18th. On the SAME day, I email to Rex, explaining the possible issue, asking to send me a copy of SkyForce, and offering a copy of GSX in exchange. I never got any reply.

On March 5th, Pit said he wrote to Rex, which replied saying they never heard from me.

On the SAME day, I received an email from Tim Fuchs ( head of REX ), saying they wanted to reach out trying to fix this problem. I replied March 7th, sending another copy of the email I sent in January, and never got any reply.

So, after 3 years, and nobody ever reported this again, I could only assume REX might have find a way to fix this. Please note, I never seen this product, and I have no idea what it does.

If injects weather in the simulator, the only possible place I can think it could affect GSX is during the check for icing conditions. GSX doesn't or change the weather, it only use standard Simconnect functions and reads standard weather variables so, the only possible way it could be affected if the program sent an invalid Metar, but GSX is also checking for this and, if it receives invalid Metar or no metar at all, it will use a simpler strategy to check for icing using only the outside temperature, and this should protect it from any problem happening with Metar.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 01:08:56 am »
Please note, I never seen this product, and I have no idea what it does.
Two things. First, it can inject weather into the simulator. Second, it gives you better sky textures. I personally haven't noticed any issues with GSX when using it, but I also have the weather engine disabled since I use ActiveSky for that. I only use Sky Force for the sky textures.
Captain Kevin

Phillip Smit

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 09:22:54 am »
I have a work around, so not a major issue. Just more of pain. I am thinking that I need to do a complete clean build of FSX some day, but with Orbx, Active Sky, GSX and all the other addons, that will not be fun.

Thanks.

Phillip Smit

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 09:57:46 am »
Thank you for the Thread breakdown. Please understand that being in the software development industry myself, I am very familiar with a host of potential challenges not just software but hardware and configurations as well.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. As indicated in the above post I do have a work around. As a consumer of both products it is frustrating to be in the middle of two service providers.

With reference to the other post: Yes, Sky Force 3D has the ability to load texture, cloud formations, turbulence, rain shafts, sound, wind and a host of other weather related scenarios. It can be set to load all these variables in time increments to sync live weather.

If I disable weather injection below for example 250 feet, I can run Sky Force 3d and GSX without any issues. As soon as there is weather injection, then the only GSX issue is pushback. If I want to do a turn around after landing, I disable weather engine injection, reload airport and it everything works as should.

As indicated I have a work around and I really enjoy both GSX and Sky Force. They are both great products.

What was interesting to note as well before doing updates of both products is that 3rd party aircraft animations did not work as should. After doing updates of GSX and SKF3D, animations work fine but now got this pushback challenge.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 06:17:14 pm by virtuali »

Phillip Smit

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2021, 11:02:43 pm »
Thank you for the Thread breakdown. Please understand that being in the software development industry myself, I am very familiar with a host of potential challenges not just software but hardware and configurations as well.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. As indicated in the above post I do have a work around. As a consumer of both products it is frustrating to be in the middle of two service providers.

With reference to the other post: Yes, Sky Force 3D has the ability to load texture, cloud formations, turbulence, rain shafts, sound, wind and a host of other weather related scenarios. It can be set to load all these variables in time increments to sync live weather.

If I disable weather injection below for example 250 feet, I can run Sky Force 3d and GSX without any issues. As soon as there is weather injection, then the only GSX issue is pushback. If I want to do a turn around after landing, I disable weather engine injection, reload airport and it everything works as should.

As indicated I have a work around and I really enjoy both GSX and Sky Force. They are both great products.

What was interesting to note as well before doing updates of both products is that 3rd party aircraft animations did not work as should. After doing updates of GSX and SKF3D, animations work fine but now got this pushback challenge.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

Hi All,

So problem is fixed. It must have been a corrupt file. I bought a new machine (long over due) and did a clean new install of FSX:SE, loaded up all software and everything works 100%.

Thanks and blue skies.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 02:49:07 pm »
So problem is fixed. It must have been a corrupt file. I bought a new machine (long over due) and did a clean new install of FSX:SE, loaded up all software and everything works 100%.

More than a corrupted file, it's likely an OS reinstall would probably cleaned up issues like issues with multiple Simconnect installs, or problem with the OS that results in slower communication over Simconnect, which sometimes we noticed when using 3rd party weather engines.