Author Topic: SODE making GSX disfunctional  (Read 3338 times)

cpoppert

SODE making GSX disfunctional
« on: November 25, 2017, 07:04:07 pm »
I recently bought KIAH from y'all and by doing this GSX updated and with the addition SODE, all my jetways will no longer connect.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX and that fix the issue.  It says that since there is no connection with SODE the Jetways will not connect.  GSX is a great product, please dont let SODE ruin it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE making GSX disfunctional
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 12:17:20 am »
SODE works very well with GSX, and it surely doesn't cause any problems to it.

Are you using the latest version installed (1.5.3 as of today), which comes with the latest version of GSX, or you can download it separately from the SODE site ?

cpoppert

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:21:29 pm »
I've been using GSX for years now and the when I tried use it move the jetways at KLAS it wrung up with an error saying SODE is not connected.  I then when to the SODE website and tried to download 1.53 and it almost worked until it comes to the part where it has to connect with GSX and it says something about DDL files not found or something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
it says something about DDL files not found or something.

You mean .DLL ? Please indicate the precise, exact, text of the error.

cpoppert

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »
This is the error I get in the sim. this is at Vegas if that helps any

cpoppert

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 04:46:14 pm »
When I pull up the SODE manager it says that module registration status: simobject key(s) not found.

platform installation path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

exe.xml and dll.xml path: C:\Users\Collin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:16:55 pm »
When I pull up the SODE manager it says that module registration status: simobject key(s) not found.

This seems to indicate the SODE SimobjectPaths lines are missing from your FSX.CFG. They are supposed to be added by the SODE installer, or the Platform manager should give you the option to fix them.

However, the real issue is why the SODE installer couldn't add the lines, and this might be caused by your FSX:SE registry keys wrong. This is usually caused by:

- Having installed FSX:SE when FSX was installed, then you removed FSX, which is wrong. You should have uninstalled FSX:SE too, and reinstalled it and run it at least one, in order to re-configure it in "single mode", rather than "side-by-side" with FSX

OR

- Another addon that mistakenly set the FSX:SE registry keys to the FSX ones (because it's not really compatible with it), when FSX:SE is (or was) installed alongside FSX.

So, none of your problems are ever caused by GSX or SODE, they are just a victim of a poor FSX configuration, either caused by the wrong uninstall method, or another addon which wasn't fully compatible with FSX:SE

See this thread here, which explains how the registry keys are supposed to be when the sim is installed properly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727

cpoppert

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »
Okay now GSX and SODE work... kinda.  Spawned at Gate D54 at KLAS and I called up catering and the jetway.  GSX says there no jetway to operate and SODE says that there is no triggerable action in a 6 mile radius.