Author Topic: GSX Majestic Q400 Catering Services  (Read 4151 times)

kityatyi

GSX Majestic Q400 Catering Services
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:34:54 pm »
Despite the newest update which was supposed to cure the issue, the infinite catering services loop is still very much alive and kicking in the Majestic Q400. Once called for, the service does not end, the menu keeps showing Catering Vehicles Are On Their Way and other services obviously cannot commence their relevant tasks.

Burnieboy

Re: GSX Majestic Q400 Catering Services
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 06:42:34 pm »
Same for me!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:29:09 am »
Despite the newest update which was supposed to cure the issue, the infinite catering services loop is still very much alive and kicking in the Majestic Q400.

The latest update wasn't supposed to fix the catering service never ending, it was the boarding that never ended. I wasn't aware of a never ending catering instead.

Once called for, the service does not end, the menu keeps showing Catering Vehicles Are On Their Way and other services obviously cannot commence their relevant tasks.

That doesn't seem the service doesn't end, if the menu shows Catering Vehicles Are On Their Way, it means the catering vehicles haven't arrived yet, so the service is not even starting.

Or, are you really seeing a Catering Vehicles Are On Their Way, while or after the service has started (catering services servicing) and it doesn't go away ?

In any case, as with every other report, I just tried it now, and the catering arrives, starts and ends normally.

Are you using a custom configuration for the airplane ? If yes, try to Reset it to the one that comes with GSX.

Does it happen on a specific airport ? Please provide reproduction steps, like the gate used, and airport used (possibly an FSDT or a default one), and the exact sequence of operations you choose in GSX.

Burnieboy

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:28 am »
In my case, even if the loading animation of catering starts with the guy pushing the cart entering the plane and all, the message in the ctrl f12 menu doesn’t change and remain at véhicules are on their way. So I can see the trucks but it seems to be not recognized from the program that the loading has begun.

DH2061

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:49:29 am »
Hi,

Same issue here with FSL A320. Even though catering service is finished the menu says that "Catering vehicles are on their way". I suspect because I only chose catering service for my aft left door this happens; the truck and the van come and they finish their job but the programme is constantly waiting for the second truck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »
Try to reset the airplane configuration in the airplane configuration editor, in order to be sure you are using the one that comes with GSX and not one you made yourself that might have some kind of issue.

Rhett

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 08:00:00 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

I experience the exact same issue with the Q400 and GSX Catering services. I have made no changes whatsoever to the Q400 airplane configuration. Once the catering services have come and gone, the GSX menu still says (thinks) that the catering vehicles are on their way and no other services can commence. Happens at ALL the airports. Everything else seems to work very well. I even tried boarding before catering and the same problem still occurs with the catering. I am using the latest Q400 and GSX for P3DV4. Thanks in advance.

Rhett.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 09:42:45 am »
Check again you are using the configuration that comes with GSX, with the airplane configuration page, which will tell you the source of the configuration for the currently loaded airplane.

Rhett

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 08:38:26 pm »
Check again you are using the configuration that comes with GSX, with the airplane configuration page, which will tell you the source of the configuration for the currently loaded airplane.

Thanks! This was indeed the problem. All is working now.

Apologies if I missed this - but I checked the manual and didn't see that even if no changes or edits were made to the airplane configuration - that one still has to reset the airplane configuration for it to work. I assumed that it would be using the configuration that comes with GSX by default. Strange - but at least the problem is solved.

Otherwise GSX is truly a legendary add-on. Thanks.

Regards,

Rhett

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:23 pm »
didn't see that even if no changes or edits were made to the airplane configuration - that one still has to reset the airplane configuration for it to work.

There's no need to Reset anything if you really haven't changed anything in the airplane configuration.

If you had to Reset, it can only means you DID some changes, or maybe you downloaded a file made by someone, even long ago, so your custom config took precedence over the GSX internal one.

That's why I told you to check the airplane editor, to see from where GSX was taking its configuration from, before pressing Reset...

Rhett

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 03:52:12 pm »
Hi again,

After getting the catering (and everything else) to work nicely in P3Dv4.1 (by resetting the airplane configuration customization to the default "GSX database" - even though I made no changes to the airplane configuration), the same old problem is back again in P3Dv4.2. I have downloaded & re-installed the latest GSX, Addon Manager and Auto updater and updated everything in case the installation of the P3Dv4.2 Client and Content somehow messed up the GSX installation - however the problem remains. The GSX catering vehicles come and go perfectly well but the message "catering vehicles are on their way" still remains (thus preventing any further services from continuing) and the only thing that can get rid of this status is a GSX reset - which is not so nice as it spoils the immersion factor. This happens at all the airports.

Do you know if anything changed with P3Dv4.2 that might mess with this again? Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rhett
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:03:33 pm by Rhett »