Author Topic: GSX and PMDG Boeing 747-400  (Read 6569 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
GSX and PMDG Boeing 747-400
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »
With GSX having created a new cargo loader, does anyone know the code for the side cargo door, the bulk cargo door, and the nose cargo door for the PMDG Boeing 747-400, so that the GSX loaders can check to see if the doors are open or not? The code for the forward cargo door looked something like "(L:7X7XforwardcargoDoor, number) 990 >=". I had tried to see if changing forward to side would do it for the side cargo door, but evidently not. Thanks.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and PMDG Boeing 747-400
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:16:52 pm »
You are not supposed to do anything on your own or change anything.

When we added support for the Main cargo door, we updated all the Freighter airplanes internally supported by GSX with their proper configuration for the Main Cargo door, and this includes the PMDG 747-400F.

But of course, if you already configure it, your custom config will have the precedence over the GSX internal one so, if you touched anything, you must use the "RESET" option in the airplane configuration editor, to see the GSX internal configuration.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:08 pm »
Yes, I am aware of that. The side cargo door was not set up for the Boeing 747-400M, so I had to pull the code for that off of the Boeing 747-400F. In any event, there wasn't anything set for the bulk cargo door for the passenger Boeing 747-400, so I don't really have much of a choice, but to add it in myself if I'm going to add it in at all.

By the way, this happened with the side cargo door. The cargo loader will drive up to the door, but it won't actually move. The pallets just float there.
http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/08/d8fb17d5bb870ae8ada78f6463321d22.jpg
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:31:42 pm by virtuali »
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »
By the way, this happened with the side cargo door. The cargo loader will drive up to the door, but it won't actually move. The pallets just float there.

That's because you haven't installed the latest Live Update. Maybe, the usual issue of firewalls blocking the download, because if you are having that problem, it means the cargo loader model is still the old version.

Disable the firewall and the antivirus (exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning) and run the FSDT Live Update again.

About the 747-400M variant, yes, that one was missing the Side Cargo door, so it has been updated too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:32:28 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:57:59 pm »
Ran it last night prior to posting, ran it again just now, same issue.

Also wondering about the code for the bulk cargo door for the passenger variant.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:03:45 pm »
Ran it last night prior to posting, ran it again just now, same issue.

I can only confirm that I can see all platforms moving.

The most likely reason for them being static, is that you still have the old model of the Cargo Loader, which will cause exactly that. Again, please be absolutely sure your firewall is not blocking the download, and the antivirus is excluded from scanning the whole Addon Manager folder.

Another possible reason, is that you are still using your own custom configuration, instead of the one that comes with GSX. In order to have the proper loader working on the Main Cargo (Side) door, the configured door in the airplane configuration editor MUST be the Main Cargo, which is of course how we configured it now. The old trick of moving the Cargo 1 or 2 on the left and rotating it, won't work any more, and of course is not needed, now there's proper support for the separate cargo door.

So, if you are sure you have the latest update, be sure you RESET the configuration for the PMDG 747, in order to be sure you are using the new one that comes with GSX.

Also wondering about the code for the bulk cargo door for the passenger variant.

I guess it's 7X7XbulkcargoDoor, but I haven't tried. Keep in mind that, in order to use it, you will have to forfeit one of the two right lower cargo doors.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:09:29 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 12:08:00 am »
The most likely reason for them being static, is that you still have the old model of the Cargo Loader, which will cause exactly that. Again, please be absolutely sure your firewall is not blocking the download, and the antivirus is excluded from scanning the whole Addon Manager folder.

Another possible reason, is that you are still using your own custom configuration, instead of the one that comes with GSX. In order to have the proper loader working on the Main Cargo (Side) door, the configured door in the airplane configuration editor MUST be the Main Cargo, which is of course how we configured it now. The old trick of moving the Cargo 1 or 2 on the left and rotating it, won't work any more, and of course is not needed, now there's proper support for the separate cargo door.

So, if you are sure you have the latest update, be sure you RESET the configuration for the PMDG 747, in order to be sure you are using the new one that comes with GSX.
Firewall was disabled and Windows Defender was set to exclude scanning the folder. As for the custom configuration, there wasn't one when I initially tried it. In any event, it got deleted anyhow after I tried the update. I also tried un-installing GSX, removing Couatl in the process, then getting the latest installer from the site and installing it, then ran Live Update again. Still the same issue.
I guess it's 7X7XbulkcargoDoor, but I haven't tried. Keep in mind that, in order to use it, you will have to forfeit one of the two right lower cargo doors.
Is it not possible to use the Main Cargo loader in the bulk cargo position in the case of the passenger variant?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 10:01:09 am »
Is it not possible to use the Main Cargo loader in the bulk cargo position in the case of the passenger variant?

I have to say I haven't tried. In theory should work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:36 am »
I also tried un-installing GSX, removing Couatl in the process, then getting the latest installer from the site and installing it, then ran Live Update again. Still the same issue.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm I don't have the issue, and you are the only one reporting it so far. So, either it's the Live Update being blocked, or your own custom configuration taking precedence over the GSX one.

Note that, the "Reset" button will not remove a custom configuration located in the airplane folder, because there's the place normally reserved to custom configs made by airplane developers, so we don't remove it. However, if will still take precedence over the GSX internal one so, the only way to remove it is to remove the GSX.CFG in the Simobjects\Airplanes\xxxxx folder.

You can check which configuration GSX is using, in the airplane editor.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 09:33:04 pm »
Okay, I figured out what happened, and it had nothing to do with any of the above that you've suggested. What happened was, I had created my own textures for the ground service vehicles. When I ran the update, it updated the default ground service vehicles, but didn't touch the sim.cfg of the user created ground service vehicles. Hence, the platform height in the sim.cfg for the user created ground service vehicles were outdated. I copied the end of the sim.cfg from the default ones to the user created sim.cfg and got it fixed.

I didn't think of the possibility of the user created ground service vehicles, hence why I hadn't mentioned it.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/09/c93032c8b68dd9a145d2b3cbdea9bd57.jpg
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 09:27:02 am »
Ok, that's explains it. Which reminded me we had to update the Paintkit with updated files, which is done now.