Author Topic: Parking position PMDG T7  (Read 2540 times)

Timothee

Parking position PMDG T7
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »
Hey

I have some weird problem and would really appriciate if someone could guide me into the right direction. For some reason GSX guides me way too far into the parking position. This happens only with the PMDG T7.
As a reference I tried it at RJAA gate 22 (default scenery). In the picture you see where the stop position is located, compared to the default 747.
This does not just happen at the mentioned gate, it is like that everywhere.

What exactly do I need to change to get an appropriate position?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking position PMDG T7
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 10:24:50 am »
For some reason GSX guides me way too far into the parking position. This happens only with the PMDG T7.

This happens for a precise reason: the whole point of different stopping positions for different planes in the real world, is to allow the door to be in a predictable position in order for the jetway to be able to reach it.

GSX takes this into account and, as you can see in your screenshot, has correctly tried to have the jetway positioned close to the main passenger door in BOTH airplanes, but they are not lined up, because the PMDG 777 has been configured by PMDG to have the main door for being the 2nd one.

You can adjust the stop position, using the parking customization editor.

Timothee

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 01:45:03 am »
Well yes thats great but thats not my point. First of all, there is no chance to see the marshaller anymore. Have a look at the screenshot of how it looks inside. Sometimes I do get a marshaller on a staircase even in a A320, but never saw him with a staircase in the 777.

Sure I can edit this specific parking position. But what is with all the others? Do I really need to edit every possible parking position where I could park a T7?
I just don't understand why the behaviour had to be changed. It worked quiet well when the aircraft was centered in the parking position in the earlier GSX version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:15:45 pm »
First of all, there is no chance to see the marshaller anymore. Have a look at the screenshot of how it looks inside. Sometimes I do get a marshaller on a staircase even in a A320, but never saw him with a staircase in the 777.

As I've said, it's because the 777 has the door that connects to the jetway to be the 2nd one.

I just don't understand why the behaviour had to be changed. It worked quiet well when the aircraft was centered in the parking position in the earlier GSX version.

I already explained why it has been changed. In the real world, the correct parking position doesn't have any relationship to the parking center. What drives the positioning is to have the door the jetways moves to in a predictable position that would allow the jetway to work.

So, in this version, we improved in the behavior to take into account the difference between the front gear and the passenger door, which works much better with jetways on every planes, except those that defaults to the jetway to connect to the 2nd door, which is the case for the 777.

We'll probably have to improve the logic even further in an upgrade, to take into account for those planes too.