Author Topic: Warning message in both FSX Acceleration & P3Dv4 **SOLVED caused by RAASPRO**  (Read 4149 times)

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto,

I have today installed GSX Ground Services v2.0.0.1 into both FSX Acceleration and P3Dv4.0.

When I load P3Dv4.0 I get a warning message ( see attached screen print) advising me that another SODE process is still running in the background and that I should kill the process in Task-Manager and restart the sim. Whilst this is not a great problem, I'm wondering whether in fact this should be happening at all. Perhaps you can throw some light on this subject. Also, when I do go to Task Manager there are in fact 2 references for SimObjectDisplayEngine both of which appear identical apart from the size (please see attached screen print). This being the situation I do not know which one of the 2 processes I should kill.

I obviously only have one sim running at any given time.

Kindest regards

Colin
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:06:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Also, when I do go to Task Manager there are in fact 2 references for SimObjectDisplayEngine both of which appear identical apart from the size (please see attached screen print). This being the situation I do not know which one of the 2 processes I should kill.

This is of course not normal, and it's surely doesn't have anything to do with installing GSX. Have you maybe installed SODE manually before ?  Have you added SODE to the EXE.XML file, maybe trying to fix some problem ? The SODE .exe should NOT be added to the EXE.XML file, because it uses the add-on.xml method to start itself but, if you have an entry for it in the EXE.XML of the sim, it will load twice.

Try to terminate both instances, when the sim is not running, of course. Then, restart the sim and see if you still have two copies starting.

Also, try running the SODE Platform manager, and see if it reports problems in the configuration.

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto,

I have not added SODE to the exe.xml file (see attached screen print).

I did start my computer this morning, then went into the Task Manager\Processes to see if there were any instances of SODE running, but there was nothing relating to SODE. I then loaded P3D and everything worked okay, no boxes popping up telling me there were multiple SODE processes running.

I have another problem now regarding FSX. Since I installed the latest version of GSX Ground Services, every time I try to start FSX, a box pops up stating that FSX has stopped working. I have tried to load FSX several times this morning and each time the same problem occurs (please see attached screen print).

Have you any idea what may be causing this massive problem?

I apologise for adding this new problem to this post, I was not sure whether I should have started a new topic.

Kindest regards

Colin

p.s. Where do I find the SODE Platform Manager in case I need to run it in the future?

Kindest regards

Colin 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I did start my computer this morning, then went into the Task Manager\Processes to see if there were any instances of SODE running, but there was nothing relating to SODE. I then loaded P3D and everything worked okay, no boxes popping up telling me there were multiple SODE processes running.

Then the problem, as I suspected, didn't had anything to do with either GSX or the SODE installation but, it was simply caused by a previous version of SODE not closing from the last session of the sim, which might happen if the sim crashes abruptly.

I have another problem now regarding FSX. Since I installed the latest version of GSX Ground Services, every time I try to start FSX, a box pops up stating that FSX has stopped working. I have tried to load FSX several times this morning and each time the same problem occurs (please see attached screen print).

Have you any idea what may be causing this massive problem?

Your screenshot is not very useful and no, I don't think it has anything to do with GSX. Maybe it's possible you have a wrong registry keys for the compatibility, which is set automatically by Windows, and prevents FSX from starting.

Try running the FSDT Live Update, because it will clear up that key, and hopefully the sim will start again.

If it doesn't, you should check the Windows Application log in the Event Viewer utility, which should give more details about the error.

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto,

Running FSDT Live Update didn't resolve the problem. I then checked the Windows Application log in the Event Viewer utility as you suggested and I found a reference to FS2 Crew RAAS. I went into Control Panel/Programs and Features and found an entry for FS2 Crew RAAS in FSX. I uninstalled this item, rebooted my computer and FSX now loads okay. I have never purchased FS2 Crew RAAS, but I recall it was included as a special with a couple of payware aircraft I have purchased in the past.

When FSX was stopping, I recall a box popping up asking me if I wanted to load RAAS and I was replying yes, it was then that FSX crashed.

Thank you most sincerely for your advice it is very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Colin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I then checked the Windows Application log in the Event Viewer utility as you suggested and I found a reference to FS2 Crew RAAS. I went into Control Panel/Programs and Features and found an entry for FS2 Crew RAAS in FSX. I uninstalled this item, rebooted my computer and FSX now loads okay.

Thank you for the report, so the issue was clearly caused by RAAS Pro, not GSX.