Author Topic: GSX installer not recognising P3DV4  (Read 3299 times)

gregc320

GSX installer not recognising P3DV4
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:33 am »
Hi lads,

I just downloaded the new version of GSX and the installer isn't recognizing P3DV4 but it is recognizing V3 (both installed).
I originally installed P3DV4 in C:\P3DV4 and reinstalled into the default location and it still won't recognize it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installer not recognising P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:31:03 am »
You must run the sim at least once, otherwise it won't create the correct registry keys.

gregc320

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:26 am »
Virtuali, thanks for the swift reply.

Ah, that makes sense, I haven't ran the new one yet. I'll check that when I get home.

Also, if you have any idea, the version of SODE that comes with the GSX installer works fine but I updated to 1.5.1 last night and it doesn't appear in the add-ons menu for V3. I've checked the dll and exe file and the SODE entries are there but doesn't seem to run?

Thanks,
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:33 am »
Installing any addons without running the sim at least once, will probably cause problems to every add-on, because of the missing registry keys,

gregc320

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:10:19 am »
No this is for V3? Everything installed normally from the SODE installer but it's not showing up in the add-ons tab in the flightsim itself. It was working with the version used in the GSX installer, upgrading seemed to have broken it. The dll and exe file have been checked and the correct entries and paths are in there but it's not running it for some reason.

I understand you're not the developer of SODE just wondering would you have any ideas since you support it.

Thanks,
Greg