Author Topic: bglmanx64.dll crashing Prepar3D v4 on statartup (Split from previous thread)  (Read 2670 times)

d00nicus

Right, since for some reason you wanted me to re-post my problem in a seperate thread after someone having the same problem as me posted in my original thread, here it is again with all of the data so far in one post:

I seem to be having an issue after installing GSX/Addon Manager in my new v4 install.  Almost immediately after launching, Prepar3d will crash with the "Prepar3D exe has stopped working" message.  After making sure that nothing else was being loaded beyond the bare bones P3D, I narrowed it down to bglmanx64.dll - if I remove that entry from the add-on.xml from the Addon Manager folder, then P3D will launch just fine.

Obviously removing that entry is not a solution, since I'm aware it's needed in order for your products to run, but it does narrow it down.

So far I've tried:
  • Rebooting
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling both GSX, and Addon Manager on it's own
  • Completely resetting my P3D v4 install back to it's defaults
  • Ensuring that my "Prepar3D v4 Addons" folder contains nothing other than the files created by the FSDT installers

Now obviously something has gone wrong here somewhere, and clearly it's working correctly for other users but I'm at a loss on figuring out why it's crashing on my system.

Code: [Select]
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version: 4.0.23.21468
  Application Timestamp: 59279be2
  Fault Module Name: api.dll
  Fault Module Version: 4.0.23.21468
  Fault Module Timestamp: 59279c8f
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00000000000554ac
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 2f75
  Additional Information 2: 2f750362114e909ee9b0faba2b6fec7a
  Additional Information 3: db52
  Additional Information 4: db522fab4ff1f9cebf4ce0d46afbde26

There is no antivirus running, Visual C++ Redistributables are *all* installed, and fully up to date.  They have all been removed and reinstalled multiple times.

All Windows updates are current and installed.  Windows system file integrity has been verified using the recommended steps from Microsoft:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Followed by a corruption scan with the system file checker:
sfc /scannow
The crash only occurs if bglmanx64.dll is being loaded by the simulator, and it didn't crash the first couple of times it ran, and then it did and has never worked since.  No none FSDT products were installed or removed between it working, and the crashing.

Removing P3D4 completely (including purging of all P3D4 files from %appdata% and %programdata%) and reinstalling it doesn't help. Neither does doing that and removing/reinstalling all of the FSDT products, although I really have to wonder if something on the FSDT sde is getting left behind somewhere that I don't know about.

A completely clean Windows install on the same machine does NOT have the issue, however as running the verification tools from Microsoft has demonstrated, there are no corrupted system files, and reinstalling everything from scratch is not a viable option due to the sheer number of other products that I would have to reinstall and get license reactivations for, as well as the time that it would take.  Additionally everything else on the install is working fine - something bglmanx64.dll is calling or accessing is causing this crash.

(By the way - how come there isn't a forum section specifically for issues with Addon Manager itself?)

I'm starting to get quite concerned that due to this crash, none of the $155.55 of FSDreamTeam products that I've bought in the last two weeks are usable without wiping the whole machine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
See if you have the same problem listed here, in the thread named "Addon Manager crashes Prepar3D v4 **SOLVED*"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15721.msg113190.html#msg113190

d00nicus

That is some seriously good detective work there - you've nailed it.

If you're ever in England, I owe you a drink (or twelve)

Thanks for getting it sorted! :)