Author Topic: [solved] No more GSX since last update!!!  (Read 3100 times)

solo1984

[solved] No more GSX since last update!!!
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:40:02 pm »
Hello

Yesterday I bought Charlotte & 2 more airports. Before installing them, as usually, I downloaded the latest version of the addon manager and installed it. The installation process took a few minutes, which is quite long, as it moved a lots of FSDT airports files....etc

The new airports work very well, and the CTRL+F12 open their respective menu... BUT NO MORE GSX! And it's not in the FSX Addon menu any more!

In the addon manager GSX is active (of course registred!) and all seems normal....

Could you help please?

W7 64 ultimate - FSX SP2 Accel
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:17:37 pm by solo1984 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No more GSX since last update!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:41:51 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15685.msg112861.html#msg112861

There was a problem in the Live Update, which is now fixed. If you download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it should fix GSX. And, of course, even the full GSX installer should fix this.

solo1984

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 10:11:09 pm »
Thanks for responding! :)

I just downloaded the last Addon manager and installed it, but it didn't fix anything: same problem!

I have to tell you that before posting, I wanted to reinstall GSX. I uninstalled it from the windows add/remove panel, but when I try to install the last downloaded version, a pop-up tell me "Found SODE 1.4.2 which is outdated....Etc please uninstall it..." But I can't find any "SODE" in the windows add/remove panel..... I found a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE" with 2 .exe and 1 dll in it!

How can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:14:58 pm »
" But I can't find any "SODE" in the windows add/remove panel..... I found a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE" with 2 .exe and 1 dll in it!

It's named "Simobjects Display Engine" in the Control panel.

And yes, it's required you install the version that comes with GSX (1.5.0) to use GSX, which won't work with any older version.

solo1984

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:15:59 pm »
Ooops! Just read the other topic!  ;D

Thanks a lot Virtuali!!