Author Topic: PMDG 737 + GSX Support  (Read 2182 times)

GACE2016

PMDG 737 + GSX Support
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:13:28 am »
Hey there,

I don't usually post but instead try to search various forums for my answer. Unfortunately I found no similar situation that I am experiencing. I have the most up to date GSX and it works for the most part. I have singled out that the problem is only occurring with the PMDG 737 as when I use GSX with the Majestic Q400 it does not occur.

GSX starts normally but after deboarding or catering service occurs I'll get a message to close the doors. I go to the FMC and notice two things. First the "FMC" on the display is now blank as well the door menu options are blank and not responsive. It seems as if the system is half frozen, as I am able to select switches but no actions occur. This will happen occasionally and is not consistent. When I click to open the "FMC" portion for Nav Planning it will respond and actions within it also work.

I can provide any info and pictures if requested. Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737 + GSX Support
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:48:50 am »
GSX starts normally but after deboarding or catering service occurs I'll get a message to close the doors. I go to the FMC and notice two things. First the "FMC" on the display is now blank as well the door menu options are blank and not responsive. It seems as if the system is half frozen, as I am able to select switches but no actions occur.

The problem surely cannot have anything to do with GSX. Although many users asked for it (the ability to have GSX operate doors automatically), we purposely stay clear of this, because acting on the airplane itself could be dangerous.

GSX doesn't change or write on any aircraft system, so it's not possible that any malfunction in the airplane could be possibly caused by GSX.

The FMC was frozen for some other reason, you only had a motivation to go to that page because GSX asked to close doors, but the freeze surely wasn't caused by GSX.

Note that, there's is an addon, called MCE, which intercepts the GSX request and, following that one, it close the doors for you so, if you used that, I can see how such issue might be associated to GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15429.msg112175.html#msg112175