Author Topic: Help me! I disabled addons by mistake  (Read 2992 times)

paulyg123

Help me! I disabled addons by mistake
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:07:11 pm »
I have  a brand new computer with P3D and many FSDT airports and GSX.   All was running perfectly.   I was in the middle of ground services, but I had to get going, so I thought if I hit "Disable Addon" on the P3D addon menu, it'll end my GSX session.  That is an evil button.  It removed GSX from the menu bar all together and now all my FSDT airports show no scenery - no buildings, no runway markings, Just some random
I understand there is a fix in %appdata% , but I can't find the path to it.  I am not familiar with Windows 10 either.
( I have all legit copies with product keys, but I'd have to re-install the airports.)

Can someone guide me step by step on how to get them back?  On the Scenery addon's the enable box is indeed checked for all FSDT airports.  I also now get an error message on start up saying Couatl stopped working, turn off Yes or No. 

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Help me! I disabled addons by mistake
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:55:09 am »
I and someone else answered you in the P3D forum at Avsim.

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/505991-i-did-something-bad-need-help/

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:47:45 am »
All was running perfectly.   I was in the middle of ground services, but I had to get going, so I thought if I hit "Disable Addon" on the P3D addon menu, it'll end my GSX session.  That is an evil button. 

Yes, it's an evil button, and we should have named it "Destroy GSX forever, never to return...". In fact, there is a bug, because the intended behavior is that GSX won't start anymore, but it should block other FSDT addons, and this will be course fixed with the next Live Update, this must have been slipped in testing, since we never thought someone would want to disable GSX.

The Disable button was initially designed to Disable just the Live Update, because some users were annoyed by it so, because we always hear all users suggestions, added it but, since both the Live Update and GSX are two Couatl plugins, we thought it would have been nice to give users more control, and let them disable any plugin, even it wouldn't make much sense to disable GSX...

If you want to just STOP GSX from what is doing after you started a service, you should select the "Reset Position", which is designed to do just that, NOT disable the whole program!

In any case, the next Live Update will just give a message that GSX has been disabled by your preferences, instead of panicking.

paulyg123

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »
Well just a follow up.  I was in KORD when I hit the evil button and wiped out GSX and all my FSDT scenery.  I was able to restore it all back (using the simple  1 to 0 fix as you taught me); however, the ONLY thing not working is I loos all my navdata for KORD.  The FMS in the PMDG planes show no runways, for departures, arrivals, SIDS or STARS.  I know they were there before the encounter with ANTICRIST button was hot.   Any suggestion how to get the navadata back?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:09:08 pm »
however, the ONLY thing not working is I loos all my navdata for KORD.  The FMS in the PMDG planes show no runways, for departures, arrivals, SIDS or STARS.  I know they were there before the encounter with ANTICRIST button was hot.   Any suggestion how to get the navadata back?

The scenery doesn't have any relationship with what you see on the PMDG FMC. That's a separate database, which is entirely unrelated to the scenery.