Author Topic: Strange Baggage Cart Path **SOLVED**  (Read 9936 times)

raman93

• For configuration information of FSX;see signature
Re: Strange Baggage Cart Path **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 06:58:02 pm »
I also experience similar issue In all default airports. I use the default airport, default scenery and aircraft.

Please indicate a precise reproduction case. Airport, gate and airplane.

Greetings,

I downloaded the update and tried out at the areas I experienced problem.  The paths of both carts are now as expected.
Following is the configuration of FSX and GSX.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION
2.REX extreme with overdrive installed.
3.REX World Wide Airport HD texture installed
3.Using default airport scenery across all airports in FSX.
4. GSX has been updated to the latest version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 10:29:32 pm »
When I load the pmdg 737 at uk2000 Belfast gate 16

Does it happen on a default airport ?

dashcapt

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 11:54:26 am »
Hi

Yes exactly the same at default Belfast City gate 5. Four baggage trucks still.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 07:02:39 pm »
Yes exactly the same at default Belfast City gate 5. Four baggage trucks still.

It's entirely normal that you would see four baggage loader when Boarding: the ones that start at the parking, and the ones that comes full from another spot. GSX has always been like this since it has been released, so you cannot say it's happened

The two arriving very close or even one on top of each other, might just be a result of the delay between the two (which is also randomized) not enough on this airport, but that can be easily fixed by increasing. Will make it in the next Live Update.

What I cannot reproduce, instead, if the driving under the airplane when they go away. I tried at the same Gate/Airport, with the PMDG 737-800 and the default 737, and in both cases the baggage cars cleared the airplane tail with a large margin when leaving. Which is precisely what the latest fix was about.

dashcapt

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 11:06:24 pm »
Hi

Yes thanks I understand but from memory I thought when you called straight away for boarding i.e skipping Deboarding the baggage trucks would appear to the right of the aircraft and then drive away then another two would appear drive back to the aircraft and the bags would be loaded. I don't remember the two at the right of the aircraft staying in place as the belt loader has to drive through them to the aircraft hold door.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »
I don't remember the two at the right of the aircraft staying in place as the belt loader has to drive through them to the aircraft hold door.

Well, I think it would be a good idea sending them away, but we'll have to add this.

dashcapt

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 11:32:32 pm »

Great thanks for your help.

Cheers

JaapV

Re: Strange Baggage Cart Path
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
Hi,

Unfortunately not all problems appeared to be solved after implementation of the latest update.
I made a recording to clarify the behavior of the vehicles at the stock airport EHEH gate 3. At the end I added a drawing of EHEH as shown by Airport Designer.
I noticed the following:
1.The starting point of the vehicles is not at the vehicle parking place, as may be expected, but just somewhere at the airport.
2.The fuel truck is piercing the aircraft and is folding itself into a newly designed vehicle.
3.After refueling is finished, the fuel truck drives off in a very special way.
4.The bus with the boarding passengers is also piercing the airplane and at the place of arrival, it performs a wonderful pirouette.
5.The baggage trains try not to touch each other but unfortunately they do not succeed and one of them even drives through the baggage loader, the other train and the parked baggage trains (while GSX should be aware of their locations).
6.One may expect that all suitcases are loaded in the airplane, but I fear that a lot of travelers will complain at the airport of arrival because the loaders forget to load the last 3 suitcases of each cart. Fortunately they are still there on the carts when the next airplane is to be deboarded.
7.After driving off the baggage trains do not return to their starting locations or to the vehicle parking place but drive all the way to the fuel station meant for aircrafts to be refueled (see the red line in the drawing). Also the fuel truck is returning to this location but that is not so strange to me.

The recording can be found at:

Jaap

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Baggage Cart Path
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 09:30:26 pm »
oticed the following:1.The starting point of the vehicles is not at the vehicle parking place, as may be expected, but just somewhere at the airport.

The starting point IS on a vehicle parking place, as a first choice but, if the scenery doesn't have one, or there's only one and it's too far away, the vehicles will start on a fuel parking or, if there isn't one, on a random parking, if there's one. If there isn't, they'll start on a random node on a distance from your airplane which is not too far away that it would result in waiting too long.

2.The fuel truck is piercing the aircraft and is folding itself into a newly designed vehicle.
After refueling is finished, the fuel truck drives off in a very special way.
4.The bus with the boarding passengers is also piercing the airplane and at the place of arrival, it performs a wonderful pirouette.

None of this normally happens. It's probably happening on a specific airport, and on specific gates so, as usual, when reporting these problems, always indicate ALL the following:

- The airport used

- The gate used

- The airplane used

5.The baggage trains try not to touch each other but unfortunately they do not succeed and one of them even drives through the baggage loader, the other train and the parked baggage trains (while GSX should be aware of their locations).

I replied to both issues in my previous post:

The two arriving very close or even one on top of each other, might just be a result of the delay between the two (which is also randomized) not enough on this airport, but that can be easily fixed by increasing it. Will make it in the next Live Update

I think it would be a good idea sending them away, but we'll have to add this.

6.One may expect that all suitcases are loaded in the airplane, but I fear that a lot of travelers will complain at the airport of arrival because the loaders forget to load the last 3 suitcases of each cart. Fortunately they are still there on the carts when the next airplane is to be deboarded.

It has been like this since GSX was released in 2012 so, it's not related to the last update, and it's not a bug, it's just how the animation it's made.

7.After driving off the baggage trains do not return to their starting locations or to the vehicle parking place but drive all the way to the fuel station meant for aircrafts to be refueled (see the red line in the drawing). Also the fuel truck is returning to this location but that is not so strange to me.

Already replied in my first sentence:

Code: [Select]
The starting point IS on a vehicle parking place, as a first choice but, if the scenery doesn't have one, or there's only one and it's too far away, the vehicles will start on a fuel parking or, if there isn't one, on a random parking
Again, it depends on the scenery AFCAD. If it's made correctly, with proper vehicle parkings in the vicinity of a terminal, with proper vehicle paths, as in real life, GSX will work better. If it's not, it will still work, with that it has.

JaapV

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 07:58:10 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The starting point IS on a vehicle parking place, as a first choice but, if the scenery doesn't have one, or there's only one and it's too far away, the vehicles will start on a fuel parking or, if there isn't one, on a random parking, if there's one. If there isn't, they'll start on a random node on a distance from your airplane which is not too far away that it would result in waiting too long.

Just because I know the starting point should be on a vehicle parking place, I added the ADE plan of EHEH at the end of my recording to show you the presence of this vehicle parking place, very near Gate 3 on which the airplane is parked. A vehicle path is connecting this parking place to the main vehicle path. Furthermore EHEH has 17 parking places (the green circles) so in my opinion there should be no reason to use a random node as a starting point.
Maybe you can check it out for yourself why GSX nevertheless is using a random location at this airport.

The fuel truck is piercing the aircraft and is folding itself into a newly designed vehicle.
After refueling is finished, the fuel truck drives off in a very special way. The bus with the boarding passengers is also piercing the airplane and at the place of arrival, it performs a wonderful pirouette

None of this normally happens. It's probably happening on a specific airport, and on specific gates so, as usual, when reporting these problems, always indicate ALL the following:
- The airport used
- The gate used
- The airplane used

In my previous post I already mentioned that the airport is EHEH, Gate 3. The type of the airplane is: PMDG 737-800, but I'm sure you have recognized it.

One may expect that all suitcases are loaded in the airplane, but I fear that a lot of travellers will complain at the airport of arrival because the loaders forget to load the last 3 suitcases of each cart. Fortunately they are still there on the carts when the next airplane is to be de-boarded.

It has been like this since GSX was released in 2012 so, it's not related to the last update, and it's not a bug, it's just how the animation it's made.

I did not mention this because it is related to the last update, but because it does not correspond to the real way baggage carts are (un)loaded in general.
That is has been this way from the first release shouldn't be the reason not to adjust the animation to resemble reality as much as possible. I'm looking forward to see this improvement in the near future.

Jaap

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »
Just because I know the starting point should be on a vehicle parking place, I added the ADE plan of EHEH at the end of my recording to show you the presence of this vehicle parking place, very near Gate 3 on which the airplane is parked. A vehicle path is connecting this parking place to the main vehicle path. Furthermore EHEH has 17 parking places (the green circles) so in my opinion there should be no reason to use a random node as a starting point. Maybe you can check it out for yourself why GSX nevertheless is using a random location at this airport.

As I've said, GSX will use a random (not really "random", it will start from a random parking, but not too far away AND it will be on a taxiway/apron path) only as a 3rd choice, if it cannot find either a Vehicle Parking or a Fuel parking within the specified parameters. Of course, the Fuel truck will use a Fuel parking 1st, a Vehicle parking 2nd, and a random parking as a 3rd choice, the other vehicles will reverse 1 and 2.

So, what really matters here, are the "specified parameters".

As I've said in my previous post, the chosen parking shouldn't be too far away, in order to not force users to wait too long for service, because the airport wasn't designed realistically enough. In this case, the maximum distance in GSX has always been 500 meters at most, but there's also a *minimum* distance ( 100 mt. ), in order not to have the vehicles being spawned right beside you, which would probably result in awkward path calculations.

So, in this case, if you were at G3, GSX skipped the Vehicle parking, because it was just NEXT to you (Parking 10 in FSX), there wasn't another one, and the Fuel parking was too far away, so it reverted to the random choice.

However, I checked the real airport on Google maps, and you can see the vehicles are parked in the parkings listed as Parking 7, 8 and 9 in FSX: these are NOT GA parkings, as the default AFCAD assumes, they are Vehicle parkings. And, what is listed as Parking 6 in FSX, should be the real Fuel parking spot instead of the one mistakenly placed in the military apron.

So, had the AFCAD been made realistically, you wouldn't have any of these issues, and the vehicles would start on their proper locations.

However, I see we might increase a bit the 500 meters distance, perhaps setting to 1000, and increase the one for the Fuel truck too. This will possibly result in an increase in the time needed to wait for the vehicles to arrive, but at least users won't be mislead thinking GSX has a problem.

However, I foresee reports of "why vehicles takes longer to arrive with the last update ?" because, as usual, when you are trying to model a realistic behavior, over a set of data that is not guaranteed to be realistic (default airports, even if they have no serious mistakes, are hardly realistic), you must do some compromise.