Author Topic: 747 PMDG pushback problem  (Read 6346 times)

zannu

747 PMDG pushback problem
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:09:15 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have a problem with the pushback of new PMDG 747, the plane goes in pushback but it seems the tiller inside move left and right very quickly, the airplane goes to pushback but always moving and flicker.
other problem, from the last addon manager update either A320 of aerosoft and 747 don't stop the pushback on the line but I need to push SHIFT + P buttons to stop it.
you advice me to update the new ADDON manager?
thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 747 PMDG pushback problem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:34:46 pm »
Hi Umberto, I have a problem with the pushback of new PMDG 747, the plane goes in pushback but it seems the tiller inside move left and right very quickly, the airplane goes to pushback but always moving and flicker.

This is a known issue, and GSX is totally ready to fix it, because it support the simulation of a bypass pin, but it requires cooperation from PMDG too, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15003.msg109228.html#msg109228

We already sent them all the required information to implement it in the airplane.

other problem, from the last addon manager update either A320 of aerosoft and 747 don't stop the pushback on the line but I need to push SHIFT + P buttons to stop it.

From the last Addon Manager update, the Pushback now correctly lines up the airplane, instead of always leaving the truck a bit angled. This will result in a *slightly* longer path but it will surely stop.

If it doesn't for you, please indicate a precise reproduction step, possibly on a default or an FSDT airport. If it happens ONLY on a 3rd party airport, report back and identify the scenery, the gate used, so we can possibly check if there's some special case that need to be taken into account.

zannu

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:29 pm »

This is a known issue, and GSX is totally ready to fix it, because it support the simulation of a bypass pin, but it requires cooperation from PMDG too, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15003.msg109228.html#msg109228

We already sent them all the required information to implement it in the airplane.

From the last Addon Manager update, the Pushback now correctly lines up the airplane, instead of always leaving the truck a bit angled. This will result in a *slightly* longer path but it will surely stop.

If it doesn't for you, please indicate a precise reproduction step, possibly on a default or an FSDT airport. If it happens ONLY on a 3rd party airport, report back and identify the scenery, the gate used, so we can possibly check if there's some special case that need to be taken into account.
Thanks Umberto. I will keep you adviced

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mads070f

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:55:39 pm »
I have sent an email to PMDG, asking them directly if they were working on a solution to the pushback-problem, and they answered that they find FSDT "unhelpful and untruthful," so we shouldn't expect any support on this problem at the moment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:54:39 pm »
I have sent an email to PMDG, asking them directly if they were working on a solution to the pushback-problem, and they answered that they find FSDT "unhelpful and untruthful," so we shouldn't expect any support on this problem at the moment.

Please contact me in private about this, because I really need to find who told you this, and if it's really someone officially speaking for PMDG.

I don't think he is, because he wouldn't use such terms, especially considering I sent an email to PMDG owner Robert Randazzo and PMDG developer Ryan Maziarz almost a month ago, with a VERY detailed explanation how the GSX Bypass Pin system works, which is already fully implemented, and it's already used in FS Labs A320 since a long time.

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 08:27:16 am »

Please contact me in private about this, because I really need to find who told you this, and if it's really someone officially speaking for PMDG.

I don't think he is, because he wouldn't use such terms, especially considering I sent an email to PMDG owner Robert Randazzo and PMDG developer Ryan Maziarz almost a month ago, with a VERY detailed explanation how the GSX Bypass Pin system works, which is already fully implemented, and it's already used in FS Labs A320 since a long time.

find  this  quite  amusing,  since  i  find  that  the  story your  telling  in not  the whole  truth  and  nothing  but the truth, please  tell us  who told  you this nonsense,  since  pmdg  are willing  to talk  with any  developer   to make  things  work

Also the thing  made  me  laugh  about  this  thread  on where  you  state  you sent  them  a  email,  which  they  dont  reply  to any emails  at all,  can  you  post  the  email link  you have  used
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:35:29 am by pete_auau »

mads070f

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:56:16 am »
I'm sorry. It was through their technical support, and they did answer in the words described above.

pete_auau

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:15 pm »
You need  to pm  the  dev(umberto)   who  it  was  from  pmdg  who  sent  you this 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:29:28 pm by pete_auau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 02:58:25 pm »
We are trying to sort it out this with PMDG privately.

I can only imagine there must have been some kind of communication mishap or misunderstanding, but I can assure you we have been in contact about this, and I'm sure that, as soon this will be cleared up, we'll find a way to have the two programs working together, just like it's already working with the FS Labs A320, so I proposed to use the same method with the 747.

mads070f

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:12:03 pm »
Thanks for the clear answer!

ahuimanu

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 03:38:28 am »
Any development on this? The 747 and 777 PMDG aircraft exhibit this erratic tiller behavior during pushback in P3D v4.

Thank you.