Author Topic: Error Message When Loading FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 3784 times)

louiskowalski17

Error Message When Loading FSX **SOLVED**
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »
Hi,

i'm in need of some help badly !! Since updating GSX i keep getting error messages when loading FSX. Ive tried re-installing GSX and add on manager a number of times and also uninstalled new antivirus software thinking this was the case but nothing seems to work !! Playing FSX without GSX isn't right ! These are the error messages i get. Can you please help me !!  :(

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:18:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Message When Loading FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:01:56 pm »
- Reinstall with the antivirus disabled.

- BEFORE starting FSX, be sure you exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

- Try after a Windows restart.

kero

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:33 pm »
Same problem here
Trying to send you a request for teamviewer since Tuesday, but no answer ...

louiskowalski17

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:26:46 pm »
Hi,

ive just reinstalled GSX without any antivirus on my computer and that error message is still coming up ? does that mean its something else and nothing to do with antivirus software

louiskowalski17

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:44:17 pm »
So i've uninstalled FSX. Re-installed again and installed GSX and im still getting the same error message. Would the fact im running FSX on windows vista have anything to do with it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:48 am »
Would the fact im running FSX on windows vista have anything to do with it ?

It's possible, since nobody of us ever runs Vista anymore, so if there are issues, we are not able to test them. We surely haven't changed anything that would lost compatibility with Vista intentionally, but something in the OS (updates) might have changed instead.

louiskowalski17

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »
ok then. where does that leave me then  ?

tf51d

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:25:29 am »

I think that is the common denominator. I have this issue as well and I'm one who is stuck on Vista. I think the problem is the loss of support from both MS and others like NVIDIA for the Vista OS. While MS Vista support officially ends in April, I think MS hasn't been fully updating it's software like it does on Win 7-10. The last few updates were only security updates. Worse Nvidia stopped support last April. The last Vista driver was 365.14 while it's current drivers for Win 7 to 10 is 378.66. So any update to an addon that calls on driver functions added or updated after 365.14 may no longer work. (Not sure about the status of AMD drivers) That is probably the issue here. I'm afraid this situation will probably only get worse as developers update their software in the future. Another addon I'm starting to see issues with is the PMDG 744 V3. Everything works fine on my system except the fault instrument lights. The only real solution will be to move off of Vista to Win 7-10. Or we'll be locked to the current versions of our addons, and more and more new addons may not be compatible. To get GSX running again with the previous version you need to do the following. You need the previous GSX installation file for version 1.9.9.10. If you have that do the following.

1. Uninstall GSX, say yes to uninstall the addon manager and Couatl.

2. disconnect your internet. You need to do this or the installer will install online the current 1.9.9.11 GSX which will cause the same problem.

2. Install GSX Version 1.9.9.10. (Will install from local files on the installer)

3. Verify installation by running FSX

4. You can Reconnect Internet.

smnielsen

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 10:46:54 am »

Another addon I'm starting to see issues with is the PMDG 744 V3. Everything works fine on my system except the fault instrument lights.

Updating the PMDG 744 V3 to version 3.00.8186 , resolved this problem, on my win vista pc.

Ranger

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 09:48:45 pm »
ok then. where does that leave me then  ?

Look in the major update pinned topic.  I have the same issue and still trying to get resolved.

tf51d

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 10:56:55 pm »
Hi,

i'm in need of some help badly !! Since updating GSX i keep getting error messages when loading FSX. Ive tried re-installing GSX and add on manager a number of times and also uninstalled new antivirus software thinking this was the case but nothing seems to work !! Playing FSX without GSX isn't right ! These are the error messages i get. Can you please help me !!  :(

This problem now appears to be solved, with the latest update (Maybe a little bit earlier), The new version of GSX now loads in FSX fine in Vista with no more K32EnumProcessModules in Kernel32.dll errors. Thank You to FSDT Development staff for whatever you did to fix this, as I'm aware GSX is no longer officially supported on Vista systems.

Tom
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:00:43 pm by tf51d »