Author Topic: GSX - P3D v3 - GSX Menu Not Showing Up **SOLVED**  (Read 5124 times)

ACA235

GSX - P3D v3 - GSX Menu Not Showing Up **SOLVED**
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:43:54 pm »
Hi there FSDT!!

1st off - love your products and own most of them.  I have run in to an issue that I am not able to solve even with all of my years of experience with Flight Sim.

I am currently running P3D v3.3.5.17625 (for stability reasons).

For quite some time now, I am unable to "call up" the GSX menu within flight sim.  To trouble shoot this issue, I have preformed the following PRIOR to the last update that was just released:

*restarted Couatl
*restarted Coualt - and had it rebuild the airport cache
*de-registered and then re-registered GSX.
*reinstalled and OLD (known working) version of GSX.
*de-activated GSX - uninstalled from P3D - rebooted - reinstalled - reactivated

Then downloaded the NEW installer this morning (07FEB17) BUT prior to installing it, I did the following:

*de-registered GSX
*uninstalled GSX and rebooted
*Re-installed GSX (downloaded all of the fancy files and activated the SODE component)
*started P3D - got the notification that it was installed and NOT activated - so activated.  Told me it backed up REG key
*Loaded in to P3D in CYVR - waiting for airport cache to rebuild
*Tried to use the HOT key to call up the GSX and You Control Menu - nothing happened.
*Switched the key bindings - and restarted and rebuild airport cache - nothing

Sooooo - now I reach out to you - my favourite scenery developer for assistance.  Any idea on what would be causing this?  Everything P3D related is running as an ADMIN
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:51:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - P3D v3 - GSX Menu Not Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:21:28 pm »
*Tried to use the HOT key to call up the GSX and You Control Menu - nothing happened.

This sentence leads me to believe that you have all your GSX and Couatl menus available, which clearly indicates GSX is working. The reason why you did all these stuff, and haven't solved anything, it's because if you are only missing the in-game menu, it's NOT a GSX problem or has anything to do with it!

This issue has been discussed so many times on the forum, and it's a known P3D installation bug. If you updated it using only the Client installer, no 3rd party application that use a menu will be able to show it, because LM haven't included the updated files required by the new Scaleform (transparent) menu in the Client installer.

In order to fix this, you must:

- Uninstall the P3D Client

- Download either the P3D Content file or the P3D Full installer.

- Install the Content, then reinstall the Client or, if you downloaded the Full installer, just the Full installer.

If you downgraded just the Client, you are probably in trouble, because while older Clients can be downloaded, the older Full installers or the older Content installers are not available anymore so, you might have a messy mix-up of the newer Content (which supports the NEW menus), with the older Client so, unless you have still kept an older FULL installer that matches your client, you cannot fix this, and you don't have any other options than to update the whole sim to the latest version.

Which, in fact, would be the best solution, I cannot think why anyone would want to use anything else than the latest Hotfix 3, precisely for stability reasons.

energyzer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:58:55 pm »
I've got the same problem aswell and have tried everything that has been mentioned on this forum and still without any luck. Im not running any other FSDT or Flightbeam products outside of GSX, and im running the latest P3D v3.4 hotfix (using the full installer)

Before installing the full installer from the latest P3D hotfix i didnt get the menu to show and Coultl crashed. However after installing the new hotfix and with GSX installed P3D Stops working on startup, if i then uninstall GSX P3D launches correctly.
Things i've tried:

- Disable anti-virus prior to installing (altho i dont have a third party anti-virus software, i did disable the windows defender one)
- Reinstall Simconnect libs
- Remove any leftover Virtuali or Coutl folders prior to reinstalling GSX
- Install the latest SA Addon Manager seperately Before installing GSX
- Delete the Prepar3d.cfg file to let the game generate a new one
- Delete FSUIPC and reinstalling GSX

None of the above has solved it yet. However right now im looking more suspicious towards the dll.xml and exe.xml files wich in them, doesnt include the addon manager. Does this entry need to be added in manually ?

Worth mentioning is that GSX was working just fine up untill the update and prior to it i hadnt done any new installations apart from the PMDG 747

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:04:24 pm by energyzer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »
However after installing the new hotfix and with GSX installed P3D Stops working on startup, if i then uninstall GSX P3D launches correcly.

See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15138.msg110065.html#msg110065

Just try again, you might have got a bad download, for the heavy traffic on the server.

energyzer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
Looks like i managed to solve this.

During all my tinkering and tweaking trying to fix it i had gone back to a earlier version of FSUIPC (4.955) wich was causing the crash untill i updated to the latest one. My mistakes completely, as it looks like the p3d full install for the hotfix seemed to work.

Though i do wonder, the Couatl_Updater.exe we get from im assuming the GSX install, would running that be the same as downloading the SA Addon Manager installer or are they seperate files ? (i didnt try to run it)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:52:23 pm »
Though i do wonder, the Couatl_Updater.exe we get from im assuming the GSX install, would running that be the same as downloading the SA Addon Manager installer or are they seperate files ? (i didnt try to run it)

It does less, it's exactly as doing a Minor update, the one that can be applied without exiting from the sim. The Stand-Alone Addon Manager updates more stuff, especially the executables, that cannot be updated while running the sim.

ACA235

Re: GSX - P3D v3 - GSX Menu Not Showing Up **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 08:01:34 pm »
Umberto,

Sorry for the late reply - worked like a charm