Author Topic: pmdg 747 400 exit 1  (Read 5993 times)

dallas741

pmdg 747 400 exit 1
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:12:59 am »
Hi to all,

I just configure all door for pax and cargo for PMDG 747 400, but when I request pushback.
I got a message requesting " close exit 1" But I have no idea where is the exit.
I tried to re open all and close all but I still have.
If you can help me that's will be great.

Thanks 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pmdg 747 400 exit 1
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:15:28 am »
I just configure all door for pax and cargo for PMDG 747 400, but when I request pushback.

The PMDG 747-400 is already supported by GSX, so there's no need to configure it. If GSX, after your customization, asks for "Exit 1", it means you have set it to use standard variables, that won't probably work since this airplane uses custom variables for doors.

Reset the configuration so GSX will use the one that comes with it, that works without having to do any changes.

Ricovandijk

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:26:40 pm »
Hello,

I have a little issue with the 744v3 as well,

Still after opening all the doors, it continues to beep and show: [GSX] Waiting for your action: Open exit 2

I am up to date with the latest version of the 747 and GSX at this time (05/02/2017)

Thanks!
Rico

XCLTM3

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 09:02:33 pm »
I'm having an issue with Door 1L being utilised by GSX as the Main Entry Door - whereas PMDG by default are using Door 2L.

Posted this yesterday Umberto but as yet unanswered: so thought I'd tack onto this thread as it was somewhat relevant.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15053.0.html

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 09:38:24 pm »
Still after opening all the doors, it continues to beep and show: [GSX] Waiting for your action: Open exit 2

As I've said in my previous reply, the PMDG 747-400 is already supported by GSX, so there's no need to configure it.

If GSX, after your customization, asks for "Exit 1" or "Exit 2", it means the GSX internal configuration is not used, because you either tried to do one by yourself, and made some kind of mistake, or you downloaded a configuration made by another users and, in both cases, users customizations always take precedence over the GSX internal one, so you must use the RESET button in the Airplane configuration editor, to restore the GSX configuration that comes with GSX.

XCLTM3

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 10:26:56 pm »

As I've said in my previous reply, the PMDG 747-400 is already supported by GSX, so there's no need to configure it.

If GSX, after your customization, asks for "Exit 1" or "Exit 2", it means the GSX internal configuration is not used, because you either tried to do one by yourself, and made some kind of mistake, or you downloaded a configuration made by another users and, in both cases, users customizations always take precedence over the GSX internal one, so you must use the RESET button in the Airplane configuration editor, to restore the GSX configuration that comes with GSX.

I have pressed the reset button and installed the latest complete GSX FSX Setup.exe

All Cargo loaders, caterers, pushback etc are working fine. However, for some reason the Exit Door is still showing up on GSX as Door 1L instead of Door 2L.

This door problem has me confused as everything else with GSX and the 744 v3 are working fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 12:31:34 am »
All Cargo loaders, caterers, pushback etc are working fine. However, for some reason the Exit Door is still showing up on GSX as Door 1L instead of Door 2L.

The Exit 1 is NOT supposed to be called "Door 2L" in the configuration for the PMDG 747-400 that comes with GSX. It's supposed to be called "L Entry 1", which is how PMDG calls it on the FMC.

So, it seems you have another GSX.CFG file which is taking precedence over the GSX default configuration. If you placed a GSX.CFG file in the Simobject\Airplane folder, it will NOT removed by the RESET button, and this is by design, since that folder is supposed to be used by airplane developers to supply a pre-made GSX config, so it's never removed, even with the Reset button allowing to "Reset" YOUR modifications to an airplane pre-configured for GSX by a 3rd party developer, without removing the developer config.

The Airplane configuration page will tell you from which data source GSX is taking its configuration from.

XCLTM3

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 01:10:57 am »
I downloaded a GSX cfg file but never used it.

By default, PMDG have Door 2L opened on the 747v3 (Cold and Dark). Door 2L is their convention.

GSX won't begin to board or deboard passengers until Door 1L is opened.

There lies the problem.

Logically, if all other aspects of GSX are lining up and working correctly with the new 747v3 - I'm wondering why GSX is not recognising and operating on PMDG's convention of Door 2L - at least not working for me?

As I pointed out earlier, I haven't downloaded and installed any GSX cfg files. I only manually changed 2 doors on the GSX aircraft setup box, and later pressed reset and then downloaded the latest GSX full installer.

I'm not suggesting that FSDT are at fault here, I simply can't logically figure why Door1L is seen by GSX as the appropriate door for boarding as opposed to PMDG who by default refer to Door2L for boarding and deboarding.

How do I get GSX to use Door2L (as it is named by PMDG)?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 01:29:37 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 01:29:44 am »
By default, PMDG have Door 2L opened on the 747v3 (Cold and Dark). Door 2L is their convention.

GSX won't begin to board or deboard passengers until Door 1L is opened.

There lies the problem.

But this is an entirely different issue then. You are suggesting that it might have been best if we considered the PMDG "L Entry 2" door as being the Main Passenger door rather than the PMDG "L Entry 1", that might be something we can further discuss, but it's NOT what my reply was about.

What made me suspect you still have another GSX.CFG file interfering, is that, regardless if the 1st or 2nd door was considered the Main passenger door, it SHOULD be called properly, with the PMDG-styled name, because that's how we configured BOTH of them!

L Entry 1
L Entry 2

NOT "Exit 1", which is the GSX default name for the 1st Door on the left side of a default airplane or a plane that hasn't been configure yet, and surely not "Door 1L" or "Door 2L", which I think is a terminology used by the CLS A330/A340, but I cannot see how GSX could confuse it with the PMDG 747-400.

Now, about the issue if it might have been best to use the same PMDG "standard", it's not so simple. Right now, GSX always considers the 1st Passenger door as being the "main" one. This because the parking might not have a jetway, and on an apron, you would surely use the 1st door, together the the related stairs.

So, I guess a more flexible approach would be allowing for another OPTION in the airplane configuration editor, to automatically SWAP the first two passenger doors, if the parking has a Jetway, which is something we might surely add.

In the meantime, if the majority of the parking spots you use it's on a gate with a Jetway, you can swap the doors in the configuration, by copying all the parameters (pay particular attention to copy everything, including the custom XML expression) from the Passenger Door 2 into the Passenger Door 1 and Vice-versa, swapping them.

XCLTM3

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:43:23 am »
Now that we've cleared up the issue regarding naming conventions between GSX, PMDG, CLS and the rest..... I'll try what you suggested with swapping them around. Thank you.

I think I understand now what you are stating in relation to GSX and how the program considers the 1st passenger door as the main boarding/deboarding point for all aircraft and why.

But given this is a 744 we're discussing, perhaps at a point in the future GSX can differentiate between aircraft types and in reality which doors would be utilised as a result of that aircraft type.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 02:02:05 am »
But given this is a 744 we're discussing, perhaps at a point in the future GSX can differentiate between aircraft types and in reality which doors would be utilised as a result of that aircraft type.

It's already doing this, that's the whole point of configuring an airplane to begin with. As I've said, what is missing now, is a way to tell if a specific airplane would have to SWAP the first two passenger doors If parked with a jetway, without changing the configuration.

Because, not all planes would need this, and even those that might, will still have to use the first door and attach it to a stair, if there's no jetway.

Ricovandijk

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 03:36:47 pm »

Thanks! that helped, I had indeed tried to configure the aircraft, but that was before the update, I uninstalled and did a clean (I thought) install and hence I didn't expect that my configuration attempt was still active.

Many thanks!
Rico