Author Topic: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears  (Read 34413 times)

nevetrek

Re: This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2017, 12:42:16 pm »
I look and delete the folder XPOI, but not solve ... the modules not appearing and any product works ( FSDT, FlightBeam ...)
All are best before make this standalone update for the new GSX update 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 12:48:13 pm »
I look and delete the folder XPOI, but not solve ... the modules not appearing

So, I assume your problem was never the XPOI issue to begin with, and it's the "modules not appearing" issue. This thread here list many possible reason for the missing menus problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8428.msg68872.html#msg68872

If you tried all of them, and nothing works, then please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:22:51 pm by virtuali »

Hans

This Is Not Good, very Serious Problem Here - Addon Manager Disappears
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »
Sorry guys, allthough I understand it's not a nice thing to have software problems in a computergame we have to keep in mind it's only that: a computergame.

FSDT are sticking their necks out updating their software as frequently as they do in order to provide us with bugfixes and new features as soon as possible.

Ofcourse that means that there are are some problems here and there but be aware that in the thousands of installs things most of the times go perfectly fine.

Please don't act as if Armageddon is there just because an add-on on your computergame doesn't work.

I think the guys at FSDT are doing a great job planning TeamViewer sessions, even in their weekends off work, to solve these individual issues.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Leemazz

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »
Yep coz that is what we pay for a product that might or might not work , maybe they should put that in the T & Cs so i dont spend my hard earned money on software which may or may not work . Oh but wait it is my setup or me not clicking the install button correctly . Getting a bit annoyed with it now , fix it or give me a refund !! . I own all your sceneries so i would say im a loyal customer .

MXP

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2017, 03:41:33 pm »
Hi Umberto,
have you read my first post with the file attached?

Could you explain me what happen after the intallation of GSX 19911?

It's very strange, but for me there is a problem with the update which delete the folder with _init_.pye.

Thankyou for your time.

I'm very happy for your scenery and when the people work it's possible have the problems.

Have a good day and sorry for my english.

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 04:07:11 pm »
Yep coz that is what we pay for a product that might or might not work , maybe they should put that in the T & Cs so i dont spend my hard earned money on software which may or may not work

Isn't the whole point of having a Try-before-buy product ?

Oh but wait it is my setup or me not clicking the install button correctly . Getting a bit annoyed with it now , fix it or give me a refund !! . I own all your sceneries so i would say im a loyal customer .

I keep having Teamviewer sessions while I'm posting this, and not in a single one of them the problem was ever CAUSED by GSX or the Addon Manager, it was always something else, FSUIPC in one case (problem known), Ezdok camera in another, the antivirus in another case, the EXE.XML file manually edited with errors in another case and in one case there wasn't even a crash, we installed it, and it just worked.

Only in one single case, the Teamviewer session helped finding an issue with slow loading when Orbx sceneries are installed, and this has lead to an update which is already online, but that's just for speed up the loading times, there was never a problem or a crash.

So, your best option is do what I've been asked to everybody, and contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so we'll find what's really causing it, in your case.

nevetrek

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:18 pm »
Hi

For me I find a temporary solution ...
First : I uninstall GSX and answers Yes for uninstall Addon manager and couatl !
Second :  I verify all  bglmanx files are delete and GSX folder and couatl folder are also delete !
I find on a local backup disk the previous "GSX setup" and Add-on manager from 2016 décember !
I reinstall this "old" version, but before,  turn off my internet connection for not download on your server the recent bglmanx DLL  when the installer run !
After install, I turn on my internet connection and ... all work well ! :)  GSX and manager are come back ... and all my airport are still come back activated !
But off course, that's the old 2016 version for manager and GSX ! ...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:05:33 pm by nevetrek »

Leemazz

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »
My problem is when i updated , so not sure how i try before i buy

jjlittler

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »
Yes, this also worked for me.

First : I uninstall GSX and answer Yes to uninstall Addon manager and couatl
Second :  Verify all  bglmanx files are delete and both the GSX folder and couatl folder are also deleted
I found on a local backup of a FSDT product. I( used GSX and Add-on manager. These were from June 2016.
Turn off any Internet connection
I then reinstalled the "legacy" version from the back up.
Reconnected Internet before loading P3d. GSX is back working fine.

JJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »
Could you please try installing normal version online ?

As posted in other threads, thanks to several TM sessions I had with affected users, we found several things that could be improved, one was a conflict with the FS Realtime program, another one a very slow loading when OrbX scenery were installed, and another one a slow loading when starting from the Steam interface.

So there's a new Addon Manager .DLL online now to try, for all those affected. Just install anything from FSDT (easiest would the the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, no need to redownload it), to get it.

canadagoose

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2017, 07:11:54 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the information. I was trying the simconnect fix the other day and when I deleted the Winssx simconnect x86microsoft flight simulator 62159 file I could not put it back into the windows folder. So I have reinstalled FSX and was wondering if Acceleration reinstalls the file because I do not see it in the folder. Is it a windows installed file or does the FSX install it. Do I need the file to run FSDT and or FSX? I will be reinstalling all of my addons next.

Regards

Umberto, I hope you are not mad at me for starting this thread and you are obviously being flooded with concerned customers, but respectfully, you did not reply to my above comments. It looks like we are finally getting somewhere with this now. Thanks for your patience. Just to add to my above comment regarding the missing simconnect file, I have solved the issue at my end. I simply reinstalled Ezdok because it supplies the simconnect.msi file. I re-ran the file and it has restored the "61259" file under windows\winsxs\. I am in the process of reinstalling all my scenery and  have a question regarding reinstalling FSDT products. Because I now have a clean FSX install is it safe to say I should have no problems with reinstallation, including GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2017, 07:18:23 pm »
Because I now have a clean FSX install is it safe to say I should have no problems with reinstallation, including GSX?

As I've said, as a result from all the various TM sessions I had, most of them resulted the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX, like FSUIPC crashing, antivirus not set correctly, etc.

A couple of sessions were helpful to find issues with slow loading with Orbx and from the Steam interface, one was an hard crash when starting P3D from the FS Realtime program, another one was a compatibility problem with Vista. All of them has been fixed in the current update so, I think you should really try and report back.

canadagoose

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2017, 08:45:56 pm »
Fair enough, I will let you know if I have any problems or better yet report back with news that everything went well, but for some reason I am confident that this me be behind me now. Thanks.

Leemazz

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:49 pm »
I give up tried everything , everything worked fine until i updated

Hans

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2017, 09:45:15 pm »
Send the developers a privat message to plan a support session. It worked for everyone that did that today.

I really don't understand the anger and level of irritation here sometimes. Other developers just don't put it in the
open by using a forum for their support but have a ticketsystem. Do you really think they have less support
requests though? They're just not that transparent about it.

I think FSDT is doing a great job. Every problem has been solved within 48 hours after it has been reported as long as
customers do as they're asked (to contact privately and plan the support session).
Other developers most of the time don't even get back to you in that timeframe.

Keep up the good work guys!