Author Topic: Taxiway bridges too small?  (Read 5780 times)

Buziel-411

Taxiway bridges too small?
« on: January 11, 2009, 06:47:57 am »
The other day I was messing around at JFK in my 744, when I switched to spot view and noticed an issue... (See attached pic) Kinda funny, hope that the bridges are wider in reality, but I just wanted to bring it to FSDT's attention for a possible future fix.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:52:46 am by Buziel-411 »

SirIsaac726

Re: Taxiway bridges too small?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:59:51 am »
It isn't a problem with the bridges as much as it is a problem with the aircraft.  I have a hard time believing that FSDT designed those bridges too small.

The reason why you are hitting the edge is that taxiway isn't designed to have that aircraft on it.  Many taxiways at many airports have restrictions on the aircraft that can use it.  If the aircraft is too big, what is in your picture will happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:10:48 pm »
The scenery is based on aerial pictures takes as a reference and as a template to model the scenery, that have 15 cm/pixel resolution so, it's not really possible to make an error like that greater than 15 cm (5.9 in.)

It's just that not all taxiways in real life can be used with all kind of airplanes.

Buziel-411

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:51:42 pm »
Ok, thanks for the replies. Sorry for the confusion!  :P

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 12:35:20 am »
Virtuali, are you saying that B747s cannot cross the two pair of bridges to reach the NW part of KJFK?  These bridges appear to be the same size.

Marty

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:37:22 am by beckerm13 »
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 10:48:24 am »
Virtuali, are you saying that B747s cannot cross the two pair of bridges to reach the NW part of KJFK?  These bridges appear to be the same size.

I haven't said anything specifically related to *that* bridge. I've simply said, in general, that it's not possible to make mistakes in dimensions bigger than 15 cm, comparing to real life.

The problem of the 747 engines might be a different issue, like positioning and/or dimensioning of the red/white shoulder barriers, but the taxiway widht is correct, which was the original question.

Buziel-411

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »
The problem of the 747 engines might be a different issue, like positioning and/or dimensioning of the red/white shoulder barriers, but the taxiway widht is correct, which was the original question.

If it isn't just the 747 is too wide for the that specific taxiway, then I think it might be the barriers. The one on the left side of the screenshot is positioned past the bordering taxiway lights, while the barrier on the right is positioned between the taxiway edge and bordering taxiway lights...