Author Topic: Old fuel truck shows up using the new version of GSX  (Read 8523 times)

WebMaximus

Old fuel truck shows up using the new version of GSX
« on: December 21, 2016, 03:56:55 pm »
Thought I would try out the new refueling system real quick last night after I installed the latest version of the full installer for GSX but guess I must have missed something because when I called for the fuel truck the old yellow one turned up and just parked on the left side of the aircraft just as in previous versions of GSX.

This was with the PMDG NGX.

Looking in the documentation as far as I can tell there shouldn't really be much more to it than set the initial fuel via the FMC (or just use whatever was left from last flight I guess?), then call the GSX fuel truck and once it arrives it will wait for you to set the desired amount of fuel via the FMC and it will then simulate the refueling process.

I also tried downloading and installing the latest Stand-alone Addon Manager but still same thing, no new fuel vehicles show up but only the old yellow one.

Thanks in advance for any tips what I'm missing.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Old fuel truck shows up using the new version of GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:37:55 pm »
For the new truck to arrive, the fuel point must be at least 3.45 meters high, and we set it as such in the stock GSX configuration for the PMDG 737 which is included in the latest release.

However, if you customized it (even before), and you set a fuel point too low, the old truck will come instead, because your own customizations will always take precedence over the internal GSX data.

So, in order to be sure you are using the correct configuration, go in the airplane configuration editor, and press the "Reset" button, to Undo all your changes and return to the default GSX configuration.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »
Problem solved, thanks :)

Strange because I'm pretty sure I never changed any of the default values but regardless it's working fine now after I did what you suggested and I really like the new animation - nice!
Richard Åsberg

triflyman

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 11:20:35 pm »
Had same issue with Jahn's C47 v3 in FSX.  Saw this post so raised fuel point to 3.57 meters...got a new Texaco truck, the new fuel menu (like it) but no animation.

Help please.

Thanks,
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 12:00:11 am »
Had same issue with Jahn's C47 v3 in FSX.  Saw this post so raised fuel point to 3.57 meters...got a new Texaco truck, the new fuel menu (like it) but no animation.

If the fuel truck arrived and then went away, it's because the quantity you selected in the GSX menu was lower than the quantity you already had in the fuel so, of course, the fuel truck has seen there was nothing to do, and went away.

triflyman

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 02:12:15 am »
Whoa...I never said the fuel truck went away...please re-read my post.

Thanks,
Garry

Quaves

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 04:29:59 am »
Everything looks great in the update. Problem is, I only fly Leonardo MADDOG 2008. The default fuel point value is 2.29 for this aircraft. The MD80 as we all know sits low. So the fuel truck height exceeds the height of the wing which is not visually appealing (when using fuel point of 3.45). This aircraft is in the list of supported airplanes for GSX so it would be nice to have a lower fuel truck to accommodate it's low fuel point. Also the fuel truck has no night lighting. All other GSX vehicles have it.

I would just like to say GSX does a great job of updating it's product and occasionally giving us new features and animations. Thank You.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 08:03:32 am »

You said you had no animation, which is what happens when the truck goes away so, this would be the most common case. Instead, you were saying you had no animation, but the truck appeared to stay for the whole procedure and did the refuel normally ?

Were you looking from far away ? The sim has an automatic optimization that turn off all animations after a certain distance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 08:09:28 am »
This aircraft is in the list of supported airplanes for GSX so it would be nice to have a lower fuel truck to accommodate it's low fuel point.

It has been already confirmed that a different truck model for planes with lower refuel points will eventually come, however we cannot commit to a release date right now.

Also the fuel truck has no night lighting. All other GSX vehicles have it.

I see the night textures just fine, see the attached screenshot. Do you see something different ?

triflyman

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 07:07:15 pm »

You said you had no animation, which is what happens when the truck goes away so, this would be the most common case. Instead, you were saying you had no animation, but the truck appeared to stay for the whole procedure and did the refuel normally ?

Were you looking from far away ? The sim has an automatic optimization that turn off all animations after a certain distance.

After I changed the height of the fuel filler station, per this thread, and called for refueling, a white Texaco truck showed up.  I expected to see a figure appear and be doing something related to fueling...nothing appeared.  The new menu did pop up and I chose 75% (at the time the aircraft was empty of fuel).  During the refueling the truck stayed there but there was no animation.  I kept getting the green banner across the top of the screen telling me the status of the refueling and how much time was left before completion.  Then when it filled the requested amount, and showed complete, the truck drove away.  The truck did stay for the whole procedure and did the refuel normally.

As far as how distance I was in viewing the refueling...the aircraft wing span filled about 70% of my wide-screen monitor (FSX showed I had a zoom of 1.50) so I would say I was close.  But, just to be sure I tried again this morning, and got in real close (FSX showed I had a zoom of 4.00)...same result...the Texaco fuel truck showed up, filled the aircraft (but no animation) and then indicated fueling was complete and drove away.  Again the truck did stay for the whole procedure and did the refuel normally.

Thanks,
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 01:05:37 am »
It's still not very clear from your message (you only say "no animation"), if you saw:

- A man on the platform, not moving and not attaching the fuel hose under the wing

OR

- No man at all

And, did you had the fuel counter on the truck ?

Quaves

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 05:03:16 am »
It has been already confirmed that a different truck model for planes with lower refuel points will eventually come, however we cannot commit to a release date right now.

I see the night textures just fine, see the attached screenshot. Do you see something different ?

Ok thanks for responding I'll be looking forward to the new fuel truck for lower refuel points when GSX gets around to it I'll wait patiently.  ;D The night textures I was referring to was for the old yellow Shell truck. I switched back to the lower fuel point once I realized the new fuel truck did not fit my aircraft. I must say I'm very impressed with GSX support and updates you guys do great! Best add on support around keep up the great work thanks.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:46:59 am by virtuali »

triflyman

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 08:00:57 pm »
It's still not very clear from your message (you only say "no animation"), if you saw A man on the platform, not moving and not attaching the fuel hose under the wing

No man on the platform at all

And, did you had the fuel counter on the truck ?

The little white Texaco truck that shows up does have a fuel counter on it, but it does not move or change numbers, although the green banner at the top does show fuel being loaded and the aircraft does show fuel being loaded.

Would appreciate further help on this.  Tried it with several other aircraft, DC-2, Conair 440 and  default King Air...same result.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:46:01 am by virtuali »
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 11:51:55 am »
Would appreciate further help on this.  Tried it with several other aircraft, DC-2, Conair 440 and  default King Air...same result.

Now I see the problem. You are keep trying with airplanes not supported by the proper fuel truck, which is the BIG one, NOT the small white Texaco, which is not working, it's there only because it shares textures with the large one, so we must supply it, but it cannot be used.

As I've said in one of my previous replies:

The reason why you cannot see the large truck, even when setting an height > 3.45 meters, might have something to do with the fact you are using airplane with a tricycle gear, so they are pitched up, and the program take into account the pitch too, so the fuel truck is actually higher.

So, for the time being, you cannot use these planes with the new refueling system.

triflyman

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 02:39:40 am »
Ok...understand.  So if you want to do it right with these small trucks have a worker come out of the vehicle, place a ladder up against the wing, climb up the ladder with a fuel hose and plug the hose into the fueling point on top of the wing.  That is what happens with almost all GA aircraft and with any classic propliners.  That would be great.
Garry