Author Topic: Re - Installation  (Read 6332 times)

zk-cav

Re - Installation
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for your email yesterday, and activating my forum account. I'm now receiving emails, the problem was my email address had an extra letter in it  >:(

Now the issue of addon manager from your email:

However, to fix the Addon Manager missing issue, there are several ways, because the REASONS why it's missing are diverse.

- First, check you are using our LATEST version of the installers. If you are not 100% sure, download them again. Did this twice, even tried downloading LSGG and installing that to get Addon manager - no luck the files are sitting in the root FSX folder: I have bglmanx.dat .dll bglmanx_aerosoft.dat ??and bglmanx_fsdt.dat

- Check you have FSX SP2 or FSX + Acceleration installed. None of our products works without it Accel is installed 10.0.61637.0

- Check the DLL.XML files have been correctly updated with the Addon Manager lines after installing any of our products. The files can be found at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

I guess this is what you mean?

- Check you don't have an antivirus blocking the Addon Manager installation. The best practice is to keep the antivirus DISABLED during the installation, and configured to IGNORE the FSX main folder from scanning during normal use. AGV disabled for reinstal

Let me know if any of this works, but BEFORE taking drastic and un-needed measures, like reinstalling FSX from scratch, report back and ask first.

All done and no Addon manager what now?

Thanks - Paul

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:44:49 pm by zk-cav »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re - Installation
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:36:12 am »
There are other things you can check (note, they were already discussed in the forum many times, so using the Search feature would have helped)

Antivirus: keeping disabled during install it's not enough.

This would only ensure the addon manager wouldn't be blocked during its installation, but it doesn't ensure it might not be blocked during execution. So, in addition to have the antivirus disabled during the installation, you should explicitely tell it to ignore the FSX folder from scanning, during execution.

You should get a request from flight sim to trust the Addon Manager module at start. Are you getting it ?

If not, there are several reason why:

- You might have inadvertitely told FSX NOT to trust it at all, so it wouldn't repeat the question ever.

You can check for this by checking your FSX.CFG, which is also located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX. Open it with a text editor, look the [trusted] section and find ALL lines that CONTAINS a bglmanx.dll reference, together with a long string of random chars. Delete EVERY line (the whole line) that has a bglmanx.dll reference inside.

Then, launch FSX again, and see if it asks you to trust the Addon Manager. If yes, trust it, twice, on the first screen (the one with the yellow shield) AND on the second screen, the one with the FSX-style graphic. Then, ALLOW to run the module, even if you get any error message that suggest you shouldn't. If this happens, ALLOW to run the module, exit from FSX, reboot Windows, it will not reappear again, it's a known FSX bug that happens only the first time a new module is trusted.

If you STILL don't see the Trust question, check this:

Open REGEDIT, and check this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing

Check that the value of this key is 0x23c00  (23c00 hexadecimal), that should be the default value when Windows is installed. If is set to any other value, set it back to 0x23c00.

zk-cav

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:55 am »
Thanks for your prompt reply, I didn't expect one so soon as I'm about 10 hours ahead of your time zone.

There are other things you can check (note, they were already discussed in the forum many times, so using the Search feature would have helped)

I will not list the topics I have been though before posting, or perhaps I should just to make sure I covered them all 238, 305, 535, 787, 1379,  1415, 1275, 1466.

This would only ensure the addon manager wouldn't be blocked during its installation, but it doesn't ensure it might not be blocked during execution. So, in addition to have the antivirus disabled during the installation, you should explicitely tell it to ignore the FSX folder from scanning, during execution.

I turn off AV while working on this issue - it is totally disabled - as I have not found a way to get AVG to ignore a folder, only exe files.

You should get a request from flight sim to trust the Addon Manager module at start. Are you getting it ?

It was trusted software already, so no, just to be safe I have gone thought the steps you say below and told FSX to trust it again, in the first instance, not as far as going into regedit though.   

I have also done a "repair" on acelleration,

I've done a windows update,

Have tried 2 more reinstallations and uninstalls using contol pannel / add remove programs (point to note is that when I'm asked if i want to remove addon manager, I get an error saying it is unable to remove, but if I watch the uninstall process with the root FSX window open before I am asked if i want to remove addon manager the bglmanx files are deleted)

I do not beleive it is an issue with simconnect either as I am running FSUIPC v 4.4 and "Follow Me" which are both working.

I have "add ons" drop down from the task bar in FSX where I can access the 2 softs above but still no addon manager, which in turn is not showing any buildings, only jetways and vehicles

My O/S is XP Pro SP3 if thats any help... FSX / Accel

I'm at a bit of loss but I would like to keep on working on this to get it resolved as the Soft looks nice (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it).

Looking foward to your reply....  Grazie - Paul

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:49:42 am by zk-cav »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:25:11 pm »
I turn off AV while working on this issue - it is totally disabled - as I have not found a way to get AVG to ignore a folder, only exe files.

Well, if you can tell it to ignore DLL files, you can just exclude bglmanx.dll in the FSX root folder.

Have tried 2 more reinstallations and uninstalls using contol pannel / add remove programs (point to note is that when I'm asked if i want to remove addon manager, I get an error saying it is unable to remove

That's not a problem, is not really an error, is more like a diagnostic message that appears when there's a request to delete a file that doesn't exists, because it has been removed already. Happens normally if you run 2 uninstallers in a row, if you already asked to remove the Addon Manager to the first one, the second one will say that, but it's not really a problem.

I do not beleive it is an issue with simconnect either as I am running FSUIPC v 4.4 and "Follow Me" which are both working.

That's not certain. There are 3 Simconnect versions, all installed at the same time, and they can even *run* at the same time, thanks to the WinSxS (side-by-side) mechanism. We use only the SP2/Acceleration version, and if that one is not installed/corrupted or so, the Addon Manager wouldn't start. Other addons might be programmed to work with earlier versions, so they might work even if the newest one is missing.

It's possible to activate Simconnect diagnostic mode to check this:

Open notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell you what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening.

zk-cav

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:42:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Sorry I'm just taking a quick break from work, but you are onto something:

0.23468 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.23475 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"
0.29589 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8 (See attached file Simconnect 2 also included Simconnect 3 with the complete loading)

I've checked the root FSX folder and the 4 bglmanx files are there...

To update, I've checked the dll.xml file and bglmanx.dll is there. See attachment xml.txt

So looking at a past post http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=305.msg1760#msg1760

I suspect that the SP2 ver is wrong. Under WinSxS I have 3 files for sim connect:

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

There are 3 Simconnect versions, all installed at the same time, and they can even *run* at the same time, thanks to the WinSxS (side-by-side) mechanism. We use only the SP2/Acceleration version, and if that one is not installed/corrupted or so, the Addon Manager wouldn't start. Other addons might be programmed to work with earlier versions, so they might work even if the newest one is missing.

You suggested deleting and running a repair of FSX is that the FSX base (ie FSX deluxe) or FSX Acceleration?

So you think it is the right thing to do I'll delete 10.0.61242.0 and run a repair.
Your advice please... Thanks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:37:44 am by zk-cav »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 12:32:33 am »
0.23468 DLL Failed to load. Check for missing dependencies.
0.23475 DLL Load Failed:  Error=-3  Path="bglmanx.dll"

This might happen if something is wrong with Simconnect.

I've checked the root FSX folder and the 4 bglmanx files are there...

No, it doesn't have anything to do with the bglmanx files, the error doesn't mean that bglmanx is missing, it means that a DLL required by it is missing.

The ONLY DLL that don't come with any Windows install which are required by the Addon Manager are:

- The Simconnect, Acceleration version, that is automatically installed by the Acceleration installer

- The MS Visual Studio 2005 SP1 redistributable runtimes, that is automatically installed by any of our products.

Either one of these two is missing and/or corrupted.

To fix Simconnect, you can try opening the Windows\WinSxS folder, and look for this folder:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

Remove the whole folder, Reboot Windows, Insert your Acceleration CD and select to "Repair" the installation.

zk-cav

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 12:44:50 am »
I see you just posted as I updated my post... doing that now moving 10.0.61259.0 then will have to get back to work lunch is over.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 12:47:40 am by zk-cav »

zk-cav

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:09:57 am »
I now have add-on manager so can re-register the soft and can see the buildings. Thanks very much for your help. I'll definitely be back to buy more software to support your company.

I must congratulate you on outstanding customer support to resolve this, I wish all publishers where so helpful. Perhaps you should get a job with M/S to teach them something. ;)

Just to clarify a point you instructed me to put the simconnect.ini in Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files.

Under XP the correct path is \Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files (ie where saved flights are stored by default). This is not a problem because I understood where to put it, but might save someone else having to post.

Grazie - Paul