Author Topic: Wrong handling operator on every airport  (Read 4976 times)

gvert

Wrong handling operator on every airport
« on: December 15, 2016, 07:54:24 pm »
Hello everybody!

A few days ago I needed to install a new standalone Addon Manager after experiencing some problems. With that done and the download of the newest GSX AFCADS, I unfortunately have the problem, that on every airport I just get a random ground handling service... Every airline code seems to be deleted.

An example would be Birmingham from UK2000 on my side, where I just randomly get Jet Airways, Philippine Airlines, United, etc... as handling service, without even the option to choose. Normally the window with 2-6 options should pop up, where I could choose between Servisair, Swissport, British Airways/Midland, etc...but that's not happening unfortunately.

Any ideas how I could resolve this and get to the usual options?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong handling operator on every airport
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:47 pm »
Please try the latest version, which the Release Candidate for the upcoming update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14680.0.html

DO NOT install anything else after it. If you need to reinstall anything from FSDT for any reason, you will have to reinstall this version, until it comes out from Beta.

gvert

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »
Please try the latest version, which the Release Candidate for the upcoming update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14680.0.html

DO NOT install anything else after it. If you need to reinstall anything from FSDT for any reason, you will have to reinstall this version, until it comes out from Beta.

Will try that one as soon as I've landed :)

But I hope you didn't get me wrong, it didn't happen with the GSX beta, since I haven't installed it yet. It appeared after I updated the Addon Manager, with the Standalone Addon Manager exe.

gvert

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 01:16:47 pm »
Coming back to this thread, the latest GSX Version at least fixed some airports, but definitely not all.

E.g. after my landing in Riga (EVRA) right now, I checked the Airline codes in the GSX Airport Editor, the position I chose was selected with BTI (Air Baltic) and I got liveries of e.g. Delta and Air China on the stairs and belts...That is quite annoying. What codes do I have to type in, that I at least got the selection menu, to choose between Swissport, Menzies, Aviapartner, etc...the most common handling operator?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 05:49:30 pm »
E.g. after my landing in Riga (EVRA) right now, I checked the Airline codes in the GSX Airport Editor, the position I chose was selected with BTI (Air Baltic) and I got liveries of e.g. Delta and Air China on the stairs and belts...That is quite annoying.

Ok, we'll check this.

What codes do I have to type in, that I at least got the selection menu, to choose between Swissport, Menzies, Aviapartner, etc...the most common handling operator?

Menzies,_AVP,_SWP

You can, of course, set these for a single parking, multiple parkings, a group, or the whole airport at once, depending what you select.

To know which codes GSX needs, you should check the atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG of any GSX vehicle, like the FSDT_Staircase, for example.

gvert

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:58:25 pm »
Thank you very much for the reply Umberto! Will try it on my next flight tomorrow and report here. Just 1 question ahead, do I have to type SWP and AVP with the underscore "_" infront?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:55:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 07:02:37 pm »
Thank you very much for the reply Umberto! Will try it on my next flight tomorrow and report here. Just 1 question ahead, do I have to type SWP and AVP with the underscore "_" infront?

Yes, because for normal airlines, we use ICAO code, because this will match what you can find in the scenery AFCADs, but for ground operators which are not airlines, we defined our own codes. Some have a code with an underscore, which is a pointer to the GSX internal operators database, but with later GSX updates, we added the ability to just use the name.

Of course, you can't just type anything there. The operator must be available in GSX, with its own livery. That's why I said you should check the various atc_parking_codes in the SIM.CFG of any GSX vehicle, so you will know exactly how many operators you can use and their code.

In fact, the reason of the bug you reported, which we'll surely fix, is that GSX is confused by having found a code in the parking for an operator it doesn't have, so it displays a random one. The supposed behavior in this case, would be ignoring the airline code, and use the airport scoring rules.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:55:27 pm by virtuali »

gvert

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:19:24 pm »
Thank you very much for explaining the logic :) Will have a look into the .cfg and check it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:55:06 pm by virtuali »

gvert

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:22:28 pm »
As promised, a short (really short ^^) report today: Everything works fine now with those airline codes you wrote above! :) Thanks again Umberto!