Author Topic: Chocks instead of parking brakes to activate GSX  (Read 4133 times)

Pat Mussotte

Chocks instead of parking brakes to activate GSX
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:13:52 pm »
Hello fsdt!
I've a suggestion to stick to real life operations. First I have to say I'm a former flight engineer, I flew C160, DC8 and DC10. I notice that in order to get catering, GSX request to set parking brake. In real life, you only use parking brake for test purpose during the preflight or just before chocks are removed before engine start and pushback, so when we press ctrl + F12, the sentence requesting to set parking brake could be changed to "please request chocks in place to get catering". Most of the addons like PMDG, QW, CS have such feature as "chocks". This is based on my own experience, you never set the parking brake for a long time during the preflight because you load the plane, fuel, cargo and sometimes at the sametime passengers, even the ckocks must be placed few centimeters from the wheels(2 cm is fine)in order to let the plane "moving under load(chocks against thewheels and plane loaded you can't remove the chocks :o). Anyway GSX is a great feature(I really like the new refueling system)

Best regards

Patrick Mussotte

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Chocks instead of parking brakes to activate GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 04:32:12 pm »
GSX already supports this feature, which we call "custom parking brakes test", but it's not user-customizable, we have it in the GSX airplane configuration database for the Aereosoft Airbus series and the FS Labs A320 so, with those planes, GSX is testing a custom XML expression (much like the custom XML espressions for the doors), which tests the variable these planes use for the chocks, instead of the standard FSX variable for the Parking Brakes.

If you try one of these, you'll see that GSX doesn't require to set the parking brakes, but the wheel chocks, even if it's still saying "parking brakes" in the message.

What we might add it, is the ability for users to control it, and changing the UI message to name them correctly.