Author Topic: Future Upgrade Prices  (Read 2187 times)

StarBlue

Future Upgrade Prices
« on: November 23, 2016, 03:38:59 am »
Hi,

I have been waiting about 9 months for FSDT to have their Black Friday Sale.  So I am excited and I am contemplating several airports, but I have a question.  Two of the ones I want are your two next up for redo or revision; KORD and KLAS.  Without me wanting to sound cheap, I'll support any developer worth their salt but I wonder what is your update policy.

For example I am assuming if I buy KORD and you completely redo it then will I will pay either full price, partial price, free?

For KLAS I know I have seen updates usually give out for free, but again just wondering price as I don't want to be later disappointed.

Thanks,
Jhan
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Future Upgrade Prices
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 12:00:46 pm »
We don't have a "general" upgrade policy. It all depends how much work an upgrade requires.

- KORD has been released in 2008, and got a fairly substantial upgrade in 2011, which was FREE

- KJFK had a new version in 2013, which is sold at a VERY favorable discount ( 60% for all users, and 70% to those that bought the old version the same year )

- ALL our other upgrades has always been free so far.

For the next version of KORD, we are doing a complete remake (from scratch) so, if we had to price it accordingly to the work done, we should require a full repurchase but, instead, we'll surely offer some kind of discount.

Nothing is decided about KLAS, but it's more likely to be an heavily discounted upgrade, such as JFK -> JFK V2

StarBlue

Re: Future Upgrade Prices
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 06:11:40 pm »
Thanks for the update, you want a happy customer and I want to be happy with my purchase.  So knowing that, I know what to expect.  I will go make my purchase.   ;D

Jhan
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF