Author Topic: Consequences of disabling SODE  (Read 1812 times)

airernie

Consequences of disabling SODE
« on: November 15, 2016, 05:54:52 am »
I realize this is a bit of an odd question and I haven't had any issues with SODE in GSX, but that's probably because I've not used it since GSX was updated.

I really have little to no clue as to what functionality SODE provides, so what are the consequences of removing references to SODE from exe.xml, dll.xml and simobjects?

Do the SODE jetways become inoperable, or just require default actions?   Is other stuff tied into SODE, etc.

Does there exist a document or FAQ which discusses the FSDT implementation of SODE?

Thanks,
Ernie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Consequences of disabling SODE
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 09:08:29 am »
SODE it's a freeware module, used by several scenery developers, and we use it to handle jetways in the following sceneries:

KIAH and KMEM

We also plan to upgrade all our past sceneries using SODE jetways too, which are more realistic, reliable and flexible. So, if you use any of these sceneries, SODE it's mandatory, otherwise jetways will not work.

Even if you don't have KMEM/KIAH, GSX uses SODE to integrate with SODE jetways made by other scenery developers too, so their operations will be part of the GSX ground handling operations, so they'll be easier to use, and will be able to use the GSX airplane configuration data for the doors, so you'll have only one place to worry when configuring a plane.