Author Topic: GSX, SODE, MyTraffic 6.0a, AivlaSoft EFB issues **SOLVED**  (Read 4833 times)

BuddyDog

GSX, SODE, MyTraffic 6.0a, AivlaSoft EFB issues **SOLVED**
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:42:43 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

It appears the addition of SODE to GSX (and KIAH) is creating some issues with compatibility with P3D.  It would appear 12b Pilot, the creator of SODE, has been made aware of the problem and posted in LM developer thread, but unfortunately, I cannot post this issue on his website (apologies, but I do not speak German).

SODE or AivlaSoft throws some error when they are running together, causing a crash of the SODE system.

When SODE intsalls (through GSX or KIAH), it installs at the top 2 entries ( for FSX and P3D)in the sim objects file, which seems to cause some issues with the install path for MyTraffic 6.0a.

Is there any way to have a working GSX and KIAH without SODE, until 12b can work out these issues?

[Entry.0]
PATH=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
TITLE=SODE Common SimObjects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Entry.1]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
TITLE=SODE Main SimObjects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Entry.2]
PATH=SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=Default Airplanes
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.3]
PATH=SimObjects\Avatars
TITLE=Default Avatars
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.4]
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.5]
PATH=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
TITLE=Default Ground Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.6]
PATH=SimObjects\Boats
TITLE=Default Boats
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.7]
PATH=SimObjects\Animals
TITLE=Default Animals
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.8]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.9]
PATH=SimObjects\Submersible
TITLE=Default Submersible
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\Weapons
TITLE=Default Weapons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=SimObjects\Countermeasures
TITLE=Default Countermeasures
ACTIVE=true
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic
Path="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
Required=False
Active=True
REQUIRED=true
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 08:42:36 am by virtuali »

12bpilot

• Beta tester
Re: GSX, SODE, MyTraffic 6.0a, AivlaSoft EFB issues
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »
Hi,

I did a workaround in SODE v1.4.0 to fix the problem with the leaking simconnect exception. Get the latest version here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9. But still, LM needs to fix that.
SODE does not raise the exception, it is AivlaSoft EFB and the exception leaks into SODE. But as I said, the workaround fixes the issue.

The entries into simobjects.cfg are made by Prepar3D itself! I am using the official SDK method to register SODE into P3D, and that is calling the registering command-line methods offered by the Prepar3D.exe.
So it seems that it adds new entries at the top. I guess the MyTraffic add-on edits directly into the simobjects.cfg bypassing the official SDK method, which apparently causes troubles. Nothing I can do here, if they don't follow official guidelines...

BuddyDog

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »
Thank you, Jeff!

Would there be a problem if I edit my sim objects.cfg to change the SODE entries to 11 & 12?

I will install the patch and test it.

Regards!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 04:54:44 pm »
It appears the addition of SODE to GSX (and KIAH) is creating some issues with compatibility with P3D.

The additions of SODE to GSX hasn't created any compatibility problem to P3D.

SODE existed well before GSX/KIAH, can be downloaded separately, and it has been used by several other sceneries well before GSX/KIAH, and the GSX/KIAH installers don't do anything different compared if you downloaded and installed SODE manually.

It would appear 12b Pilot, the creator of SODE, has been made aware of the problem and posted in LM developer thread, but unfortunately, I cannot post this issue on his website (apologies, but I do not speak German).

SODE or AivlaSoft throws some error when they are running together, causing a crash of the SODE system.

Yes, but it's not something that affects just these two programs together: it happens even between any other two modules, it sometimes affected Couatl too (and thus GSX), because it's a bug in Prepar3D! Exceptions caused by OTHER modules are being transmitted to other modules, causing a big mess, because the "innocent" module will have an hard time trying to fix a fake error it hasn't caused in the first place.

Is there any way to have a working GSX and KIAH without SODE, until 12b can work out these issues?

GSX doesn't require SODE, it can work normally without it.

KIAH and KMEM require SODE for the jetways, so if you disable SODE, you will lose the jetways, but everything else in the scenery will continue to work.

However, since the latest SODE should have at least fixed the crashes, you will probably just have to update it.

12bpilot

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »
Would there be a problem if I edit my sim objects.cfg to change the SODE entries to 11 & 12?

I'd rather change the MyTraffic entry to 12. The ordering is then again correct. Also, that MyTraffic entry has two REQUIRED keys (true and false), which is also not correct. Maybe that's why the internal Prepar3D.exe got confused when inserting the SODE entries. Try to fix that MyTraffic entry and set it to 12. Leave the SODE entries as they are.

BuddyDog

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:36:39 pm »
Gentlemen:

Thank you for your time, attention and tips!

BuddyDog

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 08:18:10 pm »
Thank you for the help!

I uninstalled SODE, reinstalled KIAH, uninstalled SODE, installed the updated SODE (was not sure if the KIAH installer had the latest SODE), reloaded my scenery indexes in AivlaSoft EFB, corrected the MyTraffic entry and they all play nicely together, now.

I really appreciate your help and the fix!

Regards!

jimos87

Re: GSX, SODE, MyTraffic 6.0a, AivlaSoft EFB issues **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 09:56:39 am »
Same problem here do i just uninstall SODE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX, SODE, MyTraffic 6.0a, AivlaSoft EFB issues **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 10:00:40 am »
Same problem here do i just uninstall SODE?

Like any other Windows program out there: from the Windows Control Panel, the "Programs and Features" section.