Author Topic: That DLL.XML problem again  (Read 2306 times)

pegasus

That DLL.XML problem again
« on: September 03, 2016, 07:58:04 pm »
I am running FSX Gold Edition and Windows 10 and since early June this year I have enjoyed running GSX. The other evening I experienced an inordinate number of FSX crashes and I decided to rename my then current FSX.cfg. That process having been completed my FSX with new cfg seemed to run very smoothly for half an hour. No crahes occurred when I changed my location and/or local time.

As a next step I then called up FSGS that I had updated with the latest Addon Manager, the airport cache operated successfully but that was immediately followed by the message indicating a problem which was "could not find dll.xml"

A deletion and re-installation of FSXGS has just been completed but I am still being told that "dll.xml" could not be found.

Can you please tell me how I can correct this problem?
As a pensioner I am not a computer expert and all my computing has had to be learned from scratch via various editions of the MS Flight Simulator programs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: That DLL.XML problem again
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 07:09:33 pm »
Could you please clarify what is FSGS ?

pegasus

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »
Many apologies - My mistake, I typed FSGS when I should have typed FSX Ground Services.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:00:48 pm »
Many apologies - My mistake, I typed FSGS when I should have typed FSX Ground Services.

Then I'm sorry, but it's not possible you would see this:

I had updated with the latest Addon Manager, the airport cache operated successfully but that was immediately followed by the message indicating a problem which was "could not find dll.xml"

This simply cannot happen, since nothing in the code that runs inside the sim ever tries to look the dll.xml, so you surely cannot have seen this "immediately" after the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message.

The only place where you COULD see a "could not find dll.xml", is in the installer. Which doesn't seem to be what you reported.