Author Topic: Lagging on P3D  (Read 3285 times)

danielgonzalez

Lagging on P3D
« on: August 20, 2016, 05:45:38 pm »
Dear friends from FSDT,

I really love GSX since the moment I purchased and tested it. Very nice and well done. Congratulations!!!!

Now, I have a lagging issue when using GSX on P3Dv3. I have uploaded a video showing what happens in fact. On that video, please pay attention to the FollowMe vehicle as this is something strange and theoretically this should not happen.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uvwkx27oq3vhx0/Prepar3D%202016-08-20%2009-57-51-064.mp4?dl=0

I tested with Triple Buffering enabled and it was worse because lagging occured constantly and the whole service lagged, but I disabled Triple Buffering and it worked (not totally) smooth as you see on the video.

My PC specs are:
Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 w/ 4GB GDDR5, Win10 x64

Tested under Prepar3D v3.3.5

Is there a possible solution?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Carlos D. González

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lagging on P3D
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 11:49:17 pm »
I tested with Triple Buffering enabled and it was worse because lagging occured constantly and the whole service lagged, but I disabled Triple Buffering and it worked (not totally) smooth as you see on the video.

Nobody ever reported this problem before, and I really cannot see how it's possible.

What other addons are you using ? This *might* be caused by too many addons using Simconnect, and flooding it with too many commands in too short time, so GSX doesn't have enough time to talk with it, but eventually the commands we sent *are* being processed by the sim, eventually, explaining the lag.

danielgonzalez

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 04:19:02 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your reply. About your question:
What other addons are you using?

Well, on that moment I was using Aerosoft Airbus X, Flightbeam KDEN, GSX and SODE was also running too, but I have not addons with SODE support (not yet); because it was installed together with GSX as far as I know.

I tested few days ago with a default airport and AS A319, and lagging occured constantly with every vehicle, I had to pause many times to stop lag for short periods of time, restart Couatl engine or close P3D and restart flight from scratch. I even tested with PMDG's NGX and 777, and lagging did not happen (for now).

Thanks for your help. Best regards,

Carlos D. González

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 06:10:10 pm »
I even tested with PMDG's NGX and 777, and lagging did not happen (for now).

Which seem to confirm the problem wasn't GSX to begin with. I believe the Aerosoft Airbus can be configured to work in client/server mode, to use the MCDU from a web interface or a tablet. This option might be causing some extra traffic over the network, see if it's enabled, and eventually turn it off.