Author Topic: VRS Superhornet  (Read 49490 times)

SUBS17

Re: VRS Superhornet
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:05:32 pm »
LMAO I had to use slew ;D I have no idea how to make the elevator work.

burner12

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:21:28 pm »
I hope they improve the look of the afterburners. Make them lookm like the Acceleration ones in daylight but at night don't make them so solid becuase burners aren't that solid as Acceleration made them look. But from the FS9 screenshots the burners seem to be just always a fadded blue light in the back.

SUBS17

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 06:09:17 pm »

burner12

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 06:26:23 pm »
is this the fs9 or fsx version?

Ifresh21

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 09:53:36 pm »
I went on there site the FSX version isnt out yet is said so Id assum that its fs9.
It looks like that anyway.  Look at the water.

SUBS17

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 06:31:15 am »
Yes its the FS9 version they are still working on the FSX version.

Razgriz

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 07:52:37 am »
I just got this bird and all I have to say is...

WOW

Subs, you want to do an FS9 dogfight soon?  Maybe some formation then?  I'm still learning this bird.

SUBS17

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »
Rgr sounds cool.

Razgriz

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 10:11:45 pm »
Gotta wait until atleast monday, for personal reasons.

burner12

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 01:36:40 am »
Does anybody know do missions come with the aicraft and where does the KC-135 and MIG29 come from? Also are there explosions when you drop bombs? If anybody on this website has download the FS9 version could you maybe put up a list of what it comes with? Such as squadrons, weapons, abilities, explosions, etc.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:27:36 am by burner12 »

SUBS17

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 03:30:28 am »
There is no missions however there is a useful tutorial which talks you through 1 flight which covers most of the features. I'm not sure where the Mig29 and the KC135 come from but in order to do refuelling you need the payware version of FSUIPC. You can refuel off another Superhornet as well as freeware and payware tankers. There are no explosions when you drop bombs but when you fire a missile at a radar it stops broadcasting and if you shoot at an AI aircraft it disappears off the radar. Its not quite a combat sim but it is well beyond any other addon for FS in terms of complexity the FSX version will hopefully have explosions and the FSX pro version will probably be even more complex. You can also get simulated SAM launches from the simulated radar stations which can damage or destroy the Superhornet and you have a handy checklist on the knee board that covers most emergencys. This aircrafts goes right into fuses and hydralic circuits so certain backup systems can be used just as IRL. You can also eject but soon after your pilot respawns back in the pit.

burner12

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 03:01:57 pm »
Sounds like alot comes with it, and like you said I'm sure the FSX version will be better. What texures come with it I saw the original prototype texture along VFA-115, VFA-143, and one other I have forgotten. But I assume they are all E models and no Fs?

Razgriz

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 11:43:34 pm »
Hm...Can you write a tutorial (printable in text plz) on catapult launch?  I've had the shoe attached before but cannot get it attached again.

SUBS17

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 11:59:47 pm »
Sounds like alot comes with it, and like you said I'm sure the FSX version will be better. What texures come with it I saw the original prototype texture along VFA-115, VFA-143, and one other I have forgotten. But I assume they are all E models and no Fs?

Theres over 30 skins including a blue angels skin.

SUBS17

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 12:26:18 am »
Hm...Can you write a tutorial (printable in text plz) on catapult launch?  I've had the shoe attached before but cannot get it attached again.

First of all you need to use the kneeboard checklist to determine your takeoff trim and power setting so work out your weight for the power setting then calculate the end speed for the cat. Now work out your take off trim for the CAT launch by using the endspeed on the graph.(SHF 1) To hook up with the CAT line up and taxi with the CAT gauge on then taxi slowly forwards until the light goes green. Set your end speed on the CAT gauge then lower the launch bar. Disengage NWS and arm catapult go through the check list and then you're good to go. Throttles Mil, launchbar retract, salute (ShF G in key command mode), handsoff the stick and release park brake.