Author Topic: Aircraft will "crash" when viewing above at gate  (Read 3669 times)

Cfoley

Aircraft will "crash" when viewing above at gate
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:49:01 am »
While I have been trouble shooting my GSX issues of missing vehicles in FSX, another cropped up with FSDT KJFK, V2.   When I load my QW 757 at a gate at KJFK, and if I change views to see from above, the cockpit will call out "Too Low, flaps", as though the plane was in flight.  And if I scroll the view during the call out,   I get the FSX "CRASH", as though the plane crashed and FSX restarts.  I tested other FSDT airports and FSX default airports, and it does not happen, only at FSDT JFK.  Changing gates or disabling FSX realism setting does not help.  This is very strange and never happened before.  Does anyone know what may be causing this?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:58:55 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft will "crash" when viewing above at gate
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:42:27 pm »
The latest updates changed the strategy of raising/lowering the terrain, which previously was depending on the airplane altitude, now it depends on your viewpoint altitude, otherwise the terrain would flicker when looking from above, which is something many users complained about in the past. We'll probably have to find a better solution to it.

Cfoley

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 04:28:14 am »
I just downloaded the latest June 14th Full Installer. (I last updated on June 13th) and the "Crash" appears to have stopped when looking from the top view and scrolling up and down.  Perhaps that fixed the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 10:45:34 am »
Yes, we made a change to fix this, and listed it in the Live Update release notes.