Author Topic: Prepar3D V3 stopped working sign after Couatl install  (Read 3177 times)

pluto777

Prepar3D V3 stopped working sign after Couatl install
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:11:10 pm »
Something seems to be wrong recently as i mention on this forum similiar related problems

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13923.0.html

I use GSX groundserv and Couatl engine for Megascenery for months on FSX SE.
I bought Prepar V3 and worked fine, untill i installed GSX... Prepar 3D V3 stopped working comes after 10 seconds.
Uninstalled GSX, everything works. New full install from fsdt - following all instructions for Prepar3D install, no solution !
Prepar crashes again.  I dare not to install it again now...
Error log on PC:   ntdll.dll error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D V3 stopped working sign after Couatl install
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »
- Disable the antivirus while downloading and installing.

- Before launching the sim, configure the antivirus to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

pluto777

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:51 pm »
Very sorry, but due to earlier advisory,  i never installed a Virus scanner on this i7 / W10 PC wich i only use for Simming.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »
Very sorry, but due to earlier advisory,  i never installed a Virus scanner on this i7 / W10 PC wich i only use for Simming.

You don't have to install anything on Windows 10 to get a virus scanner, since it comes with Windows Defender and I'm not even sure you can uninstall it.

- Disable Windows Defender while installing

- Before launching the sim, configure Windows Defender to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning.

pluto777

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »
Question:
Better to install W7 for good simming ?
If you advise that W7 is much stable, because of all the tunings that have been done troughout the years
i should consider to use W7.
I presume that many adddon problems are related to Windows 10, because W10 is rather recent and 3th party software is not yet fine-tuned for W10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:05 pm »
I cannot speak for other developers products, but I assure you we all use Windows 10 at FSDT, and all our software is fully compatible with it and that's the only OS with test with nowadays.

Please follow my previous suggestions about the antivirus. If you still get a crash, check the actual error in the Windows Event Viewer, under the "Application" log.