Author Topic: Double taxiway lines, elevation issue?  (Read 3820 times)

bhorv67

Double taxiway lines, elevation issue?
« on: June 16, 2016, 12:13:48 am »
I seem to be having an issue at KLAX (and some other airports) where I'm getting double taxiway and runway lines. I also have quite a bit of ORBX scenery installed, but through trial and error, I've discovered that moving the stacking order of the scenery in P3d can result in removing the double line issue. Trouble is, ORBX keeps moving itself back to the top of the stacking order, thus causing the double lines to appear again, as well as some odd elevation issues, where the plane will bounce up and down on the ground at taxi speeds.

I've run the ORBX auto elevation correction tool, which I can't tell if it does anything.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks for all the support - love your airports!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Double taxiway lines, elevation issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 02:26:21 am »
  Sounds like you haven't set the Library insertion point within FSX Central. The double taxilines also point to not having removed any conflicting airport files from your FTX scenery. Between those two things, you should be good to go.

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 03:47:48 am »
Thanks - at the risk of sounding like a noob, how do I check for and remove conflicting Orbx files?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:26:55 am »
 FTX regions come with their own airport files and will conflict with any addon airports within those regions. Here's a good start that's far easier than me explaining it.
  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107874-sca-compatibility-index/