Author Topic: Wrong path **SOLVED**  (Read 3132 times)

Ghislain64

Wrong path **SOLVED**
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:00:01 am »
Good morning the FSDT community

let me expose my issues:

I bought GSX and installed it on P3D V3.1 few months ago, and it worked perfectly. Then I updated P3D to version 3.2 but only the client files.
After many reinstall I found on the forum the answer consisting to install the content files to solve menu issue due to incomplete udpdate.
I decided to remove all my add ons in order to install correctly the last version of P3D v3.3, client, content and scenery.
However after GSX reinstallation, when I start the application, GSX indicates me that it is a wrong path and cannot generate files. Indeed it seems that GSX looks for files in my previous LM\P3DV3.2 folder while the new one is P3DV3.3. How can i modify the path? I suppose it is in the registry....
I would like to mention that LM\P3DV3.2 folder was removed before last GSX installation.
I need your help.
Thank you in advance.

Ghislain
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:15:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong path
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:38:42 am »
Indeed it seems that GSX looks for files in my previous LM\P3DV3.2 folder while the new one is P3DV3.3. How can i modify the path? I suppose it is in the registry....

Yes, it's in the registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3

Ghislain64

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 11:17:19 am »
thank you for your answer

but how can i indicate the right folder. Should I reinstall GsX (is it limited in terms of licence?)
Is it a specific registry entry in Gsx to modify?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 11:33:13 am »
You must first fix your P3D registry key to point to the correct path P3D is installed into, and then GSX will start working again, you might not need to reinstall it but if you do it, the installer will also work correctly, like any other 3rd party addon installer which is now likely to be confused by the wrong registry, until you fix it.

If you open REGEDIT and go to that key, it would be very easy to see that you must edit the AppPath key, which is a string containing the name of the folder P3D is installed into.

Ghislain64

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:47:08 am »
Thank you for your help

I will try to fix it tonight.

Thank you for your efficiency and for the quick answer.
I will inform you of the result tomorrow.
Have a good day

Ghislain

Ghislain64

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 09:02:48 am »
Issue solved

Gsx works correctly

Thank you