Author Topic: GSX or any product wont install using windows 10 **SOLVED**  (Read 5146 times)

KAWAUS

Hi,

for some reason FSdreamteam products can not locate p3dv4 at all. I am logged in as admin as windows 10 is extremely fussy however it still can not locate v4. I have both p3dv4 and GSX etc running as admin and still no luck. All versions are greyed out and i can not select system to install.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:06:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX or any product wont install using windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »
It seems your Prepar3d registry keys are missing. Could you please check with REGEDIT what you have at this location ?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

KAWAUS

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:39:38 pm »
Thanks I'll check when I'm on my computer next as it's 12am here in Aus now. Thanks for the reply I'll work on it and respond once completed.

KAWAUS

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 02:30:07 pm »
Thanks, it was a lot harder than thought, i had to get a mate to log into pc to fix. had to uninstall P3Dv4 and re do it and registry keys still were not showing up so had to manually put them in.

Now that GSX has installed and registered (all shows up in addon) nothing works! ctrl + F12 nothing comes up, have also tried going via add on manager and then start manually and still gsx doesn't load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 02:50:38 pm »
Now that GSX has installed and registered (all shows up in addon) nothing works! ctrl + F12 nothing comes up, have also tried going via add on manager and then start manually and still gsx doesn't load.

Do you have both the Addon Manager and the GSX menus under the "Addons" menu ?

KAWAUS

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »
Yea it's all showing up.
Image should be attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 03:00:41 pm »
Try to run the FSDT Live Update, to get all the latest versions of the files.

KAWAUS

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »
Okay im confused now! So as i am logged on my pc as user/administrator to try and run the FSDT live updater on windows 10 it says administrator has blocked you from using this program. So i logged out and went in as admin and ran the live update. While still in under admin i ran P3Dv4 and gsx works, switched back to user and gsx doesn't work. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 03:18:13 pm »
Okay im confused now! So as i am logged on my pc as user/administrator to try and run the FSDT live updater on windows 10 it says administrator has blocked you from using this program. So i logged out and went in as admin and ran the live update. While still in under admin i ran P3Dv4 and gsx works, switched back to user and gsx doesn't work. 

That's because you (you are the admin) might have mistakenly untrusted some of our programs. Go into "Internet Options" -> "Content" -> "Authors" and be sure VIRTUALI is not under the "not trusted" authors.

KAWAUS

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 03:25:38 pm »
There is no "Authors"

screen shot provided. (ive clicked on each the cert and publishers and couldn't find the name anywhere)

KAWAUS

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 03:27:09 pm »
Never mind found it! Thank you. :) hopefully this works

KAWAUS

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 03:39:14 pm »
The updater worked, however still nothing on P3D! it loads and says airport Cache cleared. When you click on add on and then GSX the only option there is disable but when you change user and go in as admin (and i dont mean by just right clicking and run as administrator i mean log out of user on the pc and log back in as admin as my pc when i bouight it they set up 2 accounts administrator and user being my name Kyle however with admin powers)
 you get a tone more options and the ctrl F12 works. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 03:49:15 pm »
Try to reinstall from both accounts.

KAWAUS

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »
Try to reinstall from both accounts.

Amazing weirdly that worked!

Thank you so much!  :)