Author Topic: Couatl Error file - Several issues when arriving/landing  (Read 3394 times)

baires

Couatl Error file - Several issues when arriving/landing
« on: June 09, 2016, 02:22:43 am »
Dear FSDT Team!

I've just updated GSX as per your latest version. I'm still using P3D 3.2.

Yesterday, I landed at KMCI - prior to updating GSX - and as soon as the main landing gear touched down, a message appeared: "COUATL must be restarted or something like that". In the end, I arrived at the gate without GSX. I've chosen my gate during Final Approach - (Wonderful feature by the way).

Today, I flew KMCI-KDAL - with GSX just updated - finally, I could land at KDAL and the Ground crew was waiting there, at the assigned gate by me. But, as soon as I touched down, P3D kind of freezed for a milisecond and then I could continue my landing roll. It called me the attention but it seemed to work alright.

Even though, the "COUATL.err" has been updated. Therefore, I'm sending it to you to check if there has been any error or if all the landings are going to be like that - with a small freeze.. (I guess it could be the Airport Cache regenerating.. )

Thank you and happy landings!!

Rafael A. Reca
Buenos Aires, Argentina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Error file - Several issues when arriving/landing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 02:59:48 pm »
Do you use the VRS TacPack perhaps ?

baires

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 03:14:30 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

Indeed, I had no idea what is about.. I dont have it installed..

Tante grazie!

Rafael

baires

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:10:57 am »
Dear FSDT!

I've just landed at KMDW.. and again the same issue. Just at touchdown, it freezes... and then I can continue my landing roll.

Attached is the latest couatl.err file.

I don't have VRS TacPack installed.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Rafael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 02:58:03 pm »
Does it work if you DO NOT pre-select the gate in flight ?

baires

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:10:46 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

Today I performed 2 flights.

MDW-STL - I've preselected the gate in flight, during final approach, and at the touchdown moment, it freezed for a mini instant - but still it's annoying during the landing roll.

STL-ICT - I've NOT preselected the gate - the landing and touchdown went smooth and without any lag. Only that when I called for GSX, it didn't recognize the airport, I restarted COUATL and regenerated the Airport Cache, and then GSX realized that I was at ICT - and could get the ground services.

Tante grazie!

Rafael

baires

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 12:08:56 am »
And then... after landing at PHX from ICT - GSX couldn't recognize that I was at KPHX - and have to restart COUATL and rebuild the Airport Cache. Then, I would have GSX.

Just in case, I've downloaded the latest installer of GSX (8-Jun-16) and went from PHX to SNA. I've preselected the Gate during final approach - and again the same issue. It seems to be that GSX loads when the aircraft touch down, because prior to landing, there's no GSX at the requested Gate.

Furthermore, I've departed from PHX with AA as Ground Handling Agent, but upon landing at KSNA, I could only get FedEx, UPS, ExpressJet and Menzies - when I knew that previously, WN, AS, AA, UA were available as handling agents.

FYI: I'm running an I7 4790K 4GHZ, 16GB RAM, ASUS Z97, ATI HD6900 2GB DDR5, with P3D 3.2 and the latest installer of GSX (last update: 8-Jun)

Attached is the latest couatl.err - related to the PHX arrival.

Warm regards! Rafael