Author Topic: How does GSX recognize AFCAD  (Read 2341 times)

airernie

How does GSX recognize AFCAD
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:31:55 pm »
I am using Ray Smith's CYVR AFCAD.  When I open the GSX customization dialog, the Airport title is correctly matches teh one I gave it,  listed, but the AFCAD is shown as the default APX15140.bgl file.

However, if I switch to KSFO, which is a Flightbeam airport, it displays the AFCAD correctly.

I have verified that the Smith AFCAD is the on being displayed in FSX.  I have also ran FTX Central, which refreshes gate entries and there are different gate combinations.

Can you think of a reason that it GSX might not be diaplaying the CYVR AFCAD?

Thanks,
Ernest Pergrem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How does GSX recognize AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:42 pm »
Can you think of a reason that it GSX might not be diaplaying the CYVR AFCAD?

Is this ACAD a complete replacement AFCAD, or just an enhancement that is supposed to go together with the default one, adding new parkings ?

In the last case, GSX cannot use it, and will use the default one, since it won't take data from more than a single AFCAD at one so, enhancement-only AFCADs will not used.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:51:56 pm by virtuali »

airernie

Re: How does GSX recognize AFCAD
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 08:54:08 pm »
Is this ACAD a complete replacement AFCAD, or just an enhancement that is supposed together with the default one, adding new parkings ?

Thanks.  I'll have to ask the author, but based upon the comparison screen shots I did, I"m guessing that it is an enhancement.