Author Topic: Stand alone manager  (Read 10416 times)

zoran

Re: Stand alone manager
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 12:59:59 am »
Im having trouble with this procedure so I will show you the steps Im taking in pictures

1. open cmd
2. go to folder where GSX installer is and open folder
3 I paste into cmd your instruction "gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log" and press enter
4 I get the message " is not recognized"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 10:27:41 am »
Your mistake is that you placed the installer in a folder that seems to be named "New folder" (can't say from your screenshot where's located), but you tried to launch it from the C:\Users\Zoran.

As I've said, you haven't followed my instructions carefully. If you had, you would have seen I suggested to place the installer on your Desktop, CD with the command line to go there, and launched it from there.

zoran

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 12:49:39 pm »
This is my last attempt to fix this via CMD here before I move on and get CMD instructions  elsewhere

The best I could do in CMD was this (see pic below second line from the bottom)

This launched GSX but there was no log file
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:19:51 pm by zoran »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »
This launched GSX but there was no log file

Since you launched the installer from the C:\Users\Zoran folder, the log file is likely there. This because you skipped this step in my instructions:

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Which, of course, in your case the command should have been:

CD c:\Users\Zoran\Desktop

However, even as you did it, it would probably work, just the log is likely in your user folder instead of the Desktop.

zoran

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 06:31:14 pm »
OMG I did it ? lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:49 am »
Your problem is caused by the fact the registry key for FSX:SE is the one used when both FSX and FSX:SE are installed together, but there's no FSX installed.

More precisely, the FSX registry key points to the FSX:SE installation, but in this case, you shouldn't have the FSX:SE registry key, because the FSX:SE registry key should be there ONLY if you have BOTH versions installer.

A correct registry for FSX:SE installed stand-alone is the *FSX* registry key pointing to the FSX:SE folder, and NO FSX:SE registry key or, more precisely, no "AppPath" sub-key in it, which I think it must have been wrongly added by some addon product.

Removing the AppPath key from the FSX:SE registry key located here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

should be enough to complete the installation. Pay attention to remove it from THIS key, not the FSX one!! (  Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 )

zoran

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09:42 am »
Thanks a lot, that worked!  :)