Author Topic: After latest update catering, baggage tractors, and conveyors are invisible...  (Read 4091 times)

Pirateinparadise

Prior to installing the update everything was working fine. I have re-installed the update, but it did not make a difference.

I had the paintkit installed. I customized quite a few of the vehicles. They were all working properly . I am 99% sure that the invisible ones are my customized ones. I also have no staircases.

Where should I start?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

tf51d

No it's with the base vehicles also. As for the catering vehicles I don't even get that far. GSX is telling me catering services is not available for this aircraft, and that's with the GSX in the livery (Southwest) I have always used. Previous version worked fine.

Edit: Got it working, you need to download and reinstall the full GSX installer, not just the addon manager as is usually the case. Now the catering services work again and all vehicles are visible.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:12:15 am by tf51d »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
How are you updating? You need the full GSX installer, just the addon manager is not sufficient.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
They were all working properly . I am 99% sure that the invisible ones are my customized ones. I also have no staircases.

Make that 100%. If installed the Paintkit, you must update that one too.

Note that, if you install it over your repaints, it will overwrite all your custom SIM.CFG file containing your customized [fltsim.xx] sections. But it MUST to that, since the sim.cfg must be updated.

If you want to save all the hassle of redoing your custom SIM.CFG, follow this procedure:

1) BACKUP all your _USER folders (assuming you added your repaints to the _USER Simobjects, which is the suggested way) into a safe place.

2) Install the current PaintKit

3) With a text editor, Copy & Paste from each of the SIM.CFG that you *backup*, all the lines from the [General] section up to the end of the file to the NEW SIM.CFG the PaintKit has just installed.

Note that, the updated PaintKit contains more repaintable vehicles, so after doing this, you might want to add your own [fltsim.xx] section to add your repaints to the new customizable vehicles too, paying attention at the airport assignments and naming conventions.

tf51d

How are you updating? You need the full GSX installer, just the addon manager is not sufficient.

Yeah I think some of the problems is they updated the addon manager alone, as is instructed to do in the update notification in sim, without knowing to update GSX itself if they didn't read the release notes first that was what I did.

Pirateinparadise

When I started FSX, it said that there was an update and asked if I wanted to run it. I selected the affirmative option.  :)

The 2nd time, I downloaded the full installer.

They were all working properly . I am 99% sure that the invisible ones are my customized ones. I also have no staircases.

Make that 100%. If installed the Paintkit, you must update that one too.

Note that, if you install it over your repaints, it will overwrite all your custom SIM.CFG file containing your customized [fltsim.xx] sections. But it MUST to that, since the sim.cfg must be updated.

If you want to save all the hassle of redoing your custom SIM.CFG, follow this procedure:

1) BACKUP all your _USER folders (assuming you added your repaints to the _USER Simobjects, which is the suggested way) into a safe place.

2) Install the current PaintKit

3) With a text editor, Copy & Paste from each of the SIM.CFG that you *backup*, all the lines from the [General] section up to the end of the file to the NEW SIM.CFG the PaintKit has just installed.

Note that, the updated PaintKit contains more repaintable vehicles, so after doing this, you might want to add your own [fltsim.xx] section to add your repaints to the new customizable vehicles too, paying attention at the airport assignments and naming conventions.

#1 - I did that! As soon as I got it working, I made an archive of all of the user vehicle folders!!!!
#2 & #3 - Thank you! I'll do that right now and report back. Take the rest of the evening off, Umberto.  ;D

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:22:13 am by Pirateinparadise »

Pirateinparadise

I ran into a minor snag with the ..\FSX\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_Pallet_USER folder. There seems to have been a change in the sim.cfg file. I'm perplexed as to how to go about changing it.

For example, in the sim.cfg in the FSDT_Pallet_USER of the OLD paint kit, the FSDT entry for the "AKC" ULD looked like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=FSDT_ULD_AKC_USER_FSDT
model=AKC
texture=AKC_FSDT
couatl.condition = %(ULDCode)r == 'AKC'
couatl.icaoprefixes = LI

I added:

[fltsim.4]
title=FSDT_ULD_AKC_USER_Pirate
model=AKC
texture=AKC_Pirate
couatl.icaoprefixes = KBWI KMCO KIAD KPVD KBOS KEWR KATL

But in the NEW paint kit, the "AKC" ULD looks like this:
[fltsim.2]
title=FSDT_Pallet_USER_AKC
sim=
model=AKC
texture=AKC_FSDT

How do I modify this entry to add my texture?
[fltsim.x]
title=Pirate_Pallet_USER_AKC   (or should this be FSDT_ULD_AKC_USER_Pirate ???)
sim=
model=AKC
texture=AKC_Pirate

Pirateinparadise

Success! I got all of my vehicles back.

Umberto - Thank you very much. 

I think that you should take a look at entries [fltsim.0] through [fltsim.10] in the ..\FSX\SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_Pallet folder (not the USER folder). Something just doesn't look right with them to me. fltsim.11 through fltsim.1660 look fine. I got an invisible cargo loader, but it happened while GSX was using ExpressJet vehicles, not mine. I started looking around and I ran into this.

BTW: Is there a log somewhere that stores which vehicles were dispatched?   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:17:17 am by Pirateinparadise »