Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122893 times)

pcubine

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2016, 12:47:03 pm »
Seems we are still passing the buck FSDT? How about fixing the issue? Its not Ai. its KMEM from FSDT
It's not KMEM. It is your computer, operating system, addons , platform or operator error. KMEM is fine.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2016, 01:29:12 pm »
Seems we are still passing the buck FSDT? How about fixing the issue? Its not Ai. its KMEM from FSDT

You are really something: this thread has PROVED it's NOT KMEM and is somewhat related to SODE and/or AI, yet you are still insisting...why you keep embarrassing yourself ?

skipy33

« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:50 pm »
I agree :). It's my system who don't support KMEM and only KMEM. It's my system who works perfectly with about about 50 addon airports, 20 addon aircrafts, Active Sky Next, EFB, VRInsight Combo, Virtual CDU, iFMS and who suddenly stop working when flying KMEM.

MY opinion is not that KMEM is bad. MY opinion is KMEM is not designed as all other other addons I have even from FSDT are and there's something not compatible with MY system.

But OK. As usual I'll find a workaround by myself.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
It's my system who works perfectly with about about 50 addon airports, 20 addon aircrafts, Active Sky Next, EFB, VRInsight Combo, Virtual CDU, iFMS and who suddenly stop working when flying KMEM.

Nothing in your previous reports and nothing I could see in your Teamviewer session indicated that ANY of your other addons "stop working" when flying KMEM.

Quoting from your last report:

If SODE modules are inactive, I don't manage to make Fsx crash at KMEM or approaching.

skipy33

« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »
But SODE is installed by KMEM installer????

But OK I'll work with SODE support team.

Please delete my account.

Thanks.

skipy33

« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2016, 02:43:17 pm »
PS: It was also MY system who was guilty when setup addonmanagerx was downloading bad files from one of your mirrored servers and so Fsx crashed at startup....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2016, 03:09:30 pm »
PS: It was also MY system who was guilty when setup addonmanagerx was downloading bad files from one of your mirrored servers and so Fsx crashed at startup....

The files weren't "bad", they were just not the same, exact, version. They were just one version behind, and they worked fine for everybody.

And what THIS has *anything* to do with your current problem ? It only proves, once more, the as soon we find a problem that might be caused by something related to our software, we act immediately on it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:17:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »
But SODE is installed by KMEM installer????

SODE is used by many other 3rd party sceneries and is included in several other installers too.

Suppose you had a problem with FSUIPC, who you'll contact for support ? One of the many airplane developers that includes it in their installers, or Pete Dowson ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:14:30 pm by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2016, 04:00:58 pm »
Suppose you had a problem with FSUIPC, who you'll contact for support ? One of the many airplane developers that includes it in their installers, or Pete Dowson ?

You can't make a comparison like this because FSUPIC is never included in a product. You always must separately download it, at YOUR discretion. And you can always freely uninstall it.

With SODE, you are FORCED to use it with KMEM-and it's included in the installer, and it's integrated with KMEM!!! It's not like it's an "option" to use it. So it's only obvious why people are coming here for support with SODE with KMEM!!!

Uhh...

pcubine

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2016, 04:15:21 pm »

You can't make a comparison like this because FSUPIC is never included in a product. You always must separately download it, at YOUR discretion. And you can always freely uninstall it.

In the past Captain Sim 757/767 installers installed FSUIPC (unregistered) so the plane was flyable.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Hnla

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »

In the past Captain Sim 757/767 installers installed FSUIPC (unregistered) so the plane was flyable.

Still doesn't make it right to completely scapegoat everything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »

That's the the case.

Qualitywings, for example, installs it, and so ALL addons that are sold in a boxed version with a CD also installs it (Wilco, Aerosoft, Flight1, etc.). CD users are NOT accustomed having to download something, so everything needed to run a product is always included, which of course includes FSUIPC.

With SODE, you are FORCED to use it with KMEM-and it's included in the installer, and it's integrated with KMEM!!! It's not like it's an "option" to use it. So it's only obvious why people are coming here for support with SODE with KMEM!!!

Wrong.

You are NOT "forced" to use it. It's needed only to animate the jetways in GSX. If you are not interested in animated jetways, you can disable SODE, if you find it crashes your system. Jetways will STILL display, but static.

Instead, there are other developers that use SODE to create actual objects (AND jetways) of the scenery that won't even display if you disable it. And the same is valid for any airplane using FSUIPC: it won't work without it.

So no, is exactly the opposite of what you say: KMEM is perfectly usable without SODE, and will just have static jetway (like so many other sceneries out there), while many of other sceneries out there using SODE will not work without it, and no airplane requiring FSUIPC will work without it, for example if you need to disable it because of a problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

You found SODE crashes on your system ? Just disable it, and KMEM will still work, just without animated jetways...and it won't "scapegoat" ANYTHING.

pcubine

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2016, 05:10:23 pm »
Several hours ago I completed KMEM-RJAA using the PMDG 777F. Started flight at cargo ramp 393. I don't use SODE for that and I have never disabled it. Forget the pax terminal and just haul cargo. Disable SODE and save yourself a lot of aggravation.
Michael Cubine

Hnla

KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »
So because you are unable to fix KMEM's problems, you say go back to default jetways LOL