Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123056 times)

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2016, 01:12:36 am »
Even more proof that it DOES directly involve FSDT KMEM-

I tested out to see if it was *just* the AI that was causing the problem. So I completely uninstalled FSDT KMEM. Same AI Traffic. And no crashes!

Please test with only the afcad files from FSDT Kmem to have the same AI density.

Hnla

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2016, 05:46:05 am »
Even more proof that it DOES directly involve FSDT KMEM-

I tested out to see if it was *just* the AI that was causing the problem. So I completely uninstalled FSDT KMEM. Same AI Traffic. And no crashes!

Please test with only the afcad files from FSDT Kmem to have the same AI density.

I've already "tested" everything I could to solve this issue. You guys don't seem to be giving that many things to "test" either...

Umberto was claiming that KMEM was not involved at all in this issue, so I did the last possible test to see if it was simply a MyTraffic missing texture/or corrupt file somewhere so I tried to eliminate FSDT KMEM with only MyTraffic remaining, and the issue is fixed..

Even trying a clean install of a new Traffic Add-on and the issue is still there so I don't know what todo anymore, I've done everything I could do.

Meanwhile, poor Skipy33 is over in Left field with his problems will very little assistance...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:00:12 am by Hnla »

por930

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2016, 06:32:45 am »
Yes, a tad frustrating. Umberto did offer to remote log into our machines and see what he can find, which is very kind. Maybe Hnla, your best bet if you have purchased the software and need to get it working is to take up Umberto's offer!

I almost purchased KMEM, saw the CTD issues on the forum, and downloaded the demo instead, and sure enough, on my FSX machine, CTD.

Over the next several months, I will keep attacking the FSX machine with Windows and other software updates and re-apply the demo version and see how I go. Maybe my FSX machine/software combination simply not suitable for FSDT's KMEM, and one day, if I ever decide to migrate to P3D, will re-look.
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2016, 10:56:43 am »
Even more proof that it DOES directly involve FSDT KMEM

I tested out to see if it was *just* the AI that was causing the problem. So I completely uninstalled FSDT KMEM. Same ATraffic. And no crashes!

This is NOT A PROOF!

When you uninstall a scenery, the AFCAD changes! When the AFCAD changes, the number of available parking changes, the parking codes of the airlines changes too.

Which means, the AI model that is causing the problem will likely NOT appear, if you uninstall a scenery, and switch to a different AFCAD, one that has less parking available and a different assignment of repaints due to different or even missing (default AFCADs DO NOT use atc_parking_codes ) parking codes.

I'll repeat it again: the DEFINITIVE proof the problem is an AI, is the fact that YOU said that if you set AI to 0% at KMEM, it doesn't crash
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:50:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2016, 10:59:55 am »
Umberto was claiming that KMEM was not involved at all in this issue, so I did the last possible test to see if it was simply a MyTraffic missing texture/or corrupt file somewhere so I tried to eliminate FSDT KMEM with only MyTraffic remaining, and the issue is fixed..

Please read again my explanation. And Alessandro said basically the same...

Meanwhile, poor Skipy33 is over in Left field with his problems will very little assistance...

How could you be SO WRONG ? I had a Teamviewer session with him, and we were UNABLE to see any crash. And further on, he said the problem happens ONLY when adding specific non-FSDT objects to the Simobject folders, and we are trying to investigate this because IT SEEMS related to SODE.

Hnla

« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2016, 04:04:10 pm »
Yet again, an answer with all fluff and no helpful information on how to solve this issue.

This is NOT A PROOF!

Great. So what should I do?

When you uninstall a scenery, the AFCAD changes! When the AFCAD changes, the number of available parking changes, the parking codes of the airlines changes too.

Awesome. What should I do?

I'll repeat it again: the DEFINITIVE proof the problem is an AI, is the fact that YOU said that if you set AI to 0% at KMEM, it doesn't crash

No doubt, never denied it. So, lets say it again, 3rd time. What SHOULD I DO?

How could you be SO WRONG ? I had a Teamviewer session with him, and we were UNABLE to see any crash. And further on, he said the problem happens ONLY when adding specific non-FSDT objects to the Simobject folders, and we are trying to investigate this because IT SEEMS related to SODE.

What, you had a team viewer session weeks ago? He has been giving you tons of info in this thread with basically no feedback at all.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:20:42 pm by Hnla »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »

Find your defective AI.

Awesome. So what should I do?

Find your defective AI

No doubt, never denied it. So what SHOULD I DO?

Find your defective AI

What, you had a team viewer session weeks ago? He has been giving you tons of info in this thread with basically no feedback at all.

You are now really embarrassing yourself...

"Weeks ago" ? We had it on June 23th, that's only 3 DAYS ago!

"No feedback" ? I keep replying in this thread to both of you.

The difference, between you and him, is that he understand the problem on his system seems to be caused by some kind of interaction between some 3rd party objects and some NON-FSDT SODE objects so, opposite to you, he understand it might be a SODE problem worth investigating together with SODE author. Which is what he did.

You, instead, do not seem to understand YOUR problem is different and, according to YOUR own report, it's happens only when AI are enabled. That's clearly indicates the problem is one of your AI models.

Do you want to have a Teamviewer session with me ?

Hnla

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

Find your defective AI.

Awesome. So what should I do?

Find your defective AI

No doubt, never denied it. So what SHOULD I DO?

Find your defective AI

Great "in depth" answers-

How do I find "defective AI" with a clean install of Mytraffic??

skipy33

« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2016, 05:34:19 pm »
Ok cooldown....

I'm in contact with SODE support. They read this thread and confirm that using "NOSimobjectpaths" in Fsx.cfg to disable a path is not working. SODE will take it anyway. That can explain why I crashed with my 777 thinking I had disabled 2 APControler lines.

By the way they ask me to perform my test with SODE inactive but with everything else (including My Traffic) and of course no crash occurs. So they could work on the specific trisome SODE+KMEM+My Traffic (in case SODE is disturbed by something in aircraft.cfg or sim.cfg included in My Traffic).

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
Hi guys,

Last tests for today which seems to confirm SODE team approach. I use following  startup situation: QW757 at KMEM gate, all my simobjectpaths lines in Fsx.cfg.

If I disable SODE modules (exe + dll) I can load the situation without problem and My traffic AI aicrafts all around me.

If I keep SODE modules active, I got a crash even if I set AI traffic to 0.

Hope SODE team will find the root cause because I love to have active jetways on a scenery. The GSX integration with SODE is so great!

Good night.

Skip.

por930

« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2016, 03:20:39 am »
Great News skipy33 that you seem to be getting to the issues with the SODE Team. It helps when KMEM works in some situations and not others, as you can start to isolate things and steadily resolve the problem(s) that cause KMEM to fail.

Hnla, Take up Umberto's offer for the Teamviwer session. He is obliviously skilled in trouble shooting his series of FSDT programs, being a programmer and user. Many people have installed this program and it work ok. A few common early issues have been fixed by FSDT. There are now a few isolated issues, which are usually always caused by our machines being a little outside the acceptable envelope for this FSDT scenery. You can go on every user forum and find people who can not load 'a' program for their own reasons.

In my case, my first thought was #$%^ hell FSDT, why didn't you test this better. Then with a little more thought(read this as patience), I accepted it could be "my" problem.....So, I spent the last few days tracking down my windows updates. Seems while they were installed, some in fact had failed. I tracked these down and re-installed them, this time verifying they installed correctly. Another day cleaning my registries and also ensuring the FSX SP1 and SP2 were in place and that KMEM was installed correctly with up to date version. And finally, spent another day defragging my machine(which took 16 hours!!).

I then revisited FSX and attempted to load KMEM.......@#$%^ fantastic, it loaded and during the 5-6 minutes demo cycle, I could flit about the airport in my trike. I then swapped planes to the PMDG 777, which tends to be a vas hungry girl, and also loaded with KMEM. Great job Umberto.

So guys, patience is required tracking down the issues causing KMEM to not work on your machine. If you can, get to a position when KMEM loads. Then start to add things until it fails. The item you last loaded, is causing you problems and you may need to contact the owner of 'that' program to sort out why.  
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:22:24 am by por930 »
Geoff

skipy33

« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2016, 12:11:11 am »
Hello,

Last news. I performed tests with SODE debug mode on to send logs to SODE Support. I hope this helps.

If SODE modules are inactive, I don't manage to make Fsx crash at KMEM or approaching.

With SODE active, I manage to crash even with AI Traffic set to zero in Fsx.cfg.

With Sode active I manage sometimes to load KMEM but I Wonder if changing set SmallPartRejectRadius=2 instead of 1 in Fsx.cfg impacts the root cause of the crash.

Changing Fsx time from night to day in welcome menu seems to increase possibilities of crash...

Once I crashed, I must reboot otherwise all other tests crash even with SODE inactive.

Good night. Skip.

Hnla

« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2016, 12:14:50 am »
Changing Fsx time from night to day in welcome menu seems to increase possibilities of crash...

This is what makes my KMEM Crash everytime.

ipg1939

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2016, 04:16:56 am »
Seems we are still passing the buck FSDT? How about fixing the issue? Its not Ai. its KMEM from FSDT

skipy33

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2016, 08:05:51 am »
Hi All,

Still testing with SODE team support... I get a special debug version of SODE because they can't see any error during first tests.

I tuned some Fsx.cfg parameters and it seems it has an impact in the way I crash or not.
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120 instead of 160
Usepools=0 instead of RejectThreshold=524288
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 instead of 0.10
SmallPartRejectRadius=1 instead of 2
AirlineDensity=40 instead of 35
GADensity=0 instead of 5

The strange fact is with these settings, this morning after PC boot, I can start Fsx and load KMEM with SODE, AI and all my simobjectpaths without any crash....

I quit Fsx properly and run again exactly the same situation (QW757 at gate): CRASH!

Very difficult to test anything in this condition....

Skip.