Author Topic: Airline handling logic after latest update?  (Read 5915 times)

p3dx3

Airline handling logic after latest update?
« on: June 03, 2016, 05:04:35 pm »
Before the recent GSX update, the ground handling would unload pallets with my airline listed on them. Now it is strange and random. The back cargo containers say Sri Lanken Airlines, and the containers coming out of the front cargo hold on my PMDG 77W are from Thai airlines. And the small van is pulling the cargo crates? I am using FSX Accel, win10 Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airline handling logic after latest update?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:18:09 pm »
Nothing has changed in the airline assignment logic.

Since the first release, the ULD/Cargo containers are not supposed to be the same livery of the operator selected for the parking. They are, by default, related to the atc_parking_code of your own plane, in order to prevent funny situation of cargo with a livery on arrival different from the one on departure. Of course, if there's no atc_parking_code in the aircraft.cfg of the plane you are flying, the livery of the ULDs will be one of the airport operators.

And the small van is pulling the cargo crates?

That's because you haven't loaded the plane, so it results very light, calling for a small van and a limited number of carts.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 09:34:15 pm »
Nothing has changed in the airline assignment logic.

Since the first release, the ULD/Cargo containers are not supposed to be the same livery of the operator selected for the parking. They are, by default, related to the atc_parking_code of your own plane, in order to prevent funny situation of cargo with a livery on arrival different from the one on departure. Of course, if there's no atc_parking_code in the aircraft.cfg of the plane you are flying, the livery of the ULDs will be one of the airport operators.

And the small van is pulling the cargo crates?

That's because you haven't loaded the plane, so it results very light, calling for a small van and a limited number of carts.

I know it is related to my parking code that is why I am surprised after the latest gsx update, it ignores my parking code and randomly unloads airline containers, each door has a different airline for the same airplane. This is my problem.

No the default PMDG load is very heavy, and the van is pulling 5 containers. I loaded it up again, and the back door is unloading Oman Air containers and the front door is unload TAP Air Portugal! My code is SWR it always unloaded Swiss before installing this weeks update.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:35:49 pm by 413x3 »

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:37:47 pm »
A picture, front TAP containers, rear Oman Air. My code is SWR

http://i.imgur.com/yPIhiP7.jpg
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:01:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:15:04 pm »

Are you sure you have that code in the atc_parking_codes (and it's "codes", not "code", according to the SDK). I just tried now, adding the line:

atc_parking_codes=SWR

to the default B747, tried deboarding at KIAH, asked to select the operator between 3, selected Frontier, and I got Frontier ground vehicles and Swiss ULDs, as expected:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/images/2016-6-3_23-12-21-291.jpg
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:16:35 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 12:10:19 am »

Are you sure you have that code in the atc_parking_codes (and it's "codes", not "code", according to the SDK). I just tried now, adding the line:

atc_parking_codes=SWR

to the default B747, tried deboarding at KIAH, asked to select the operator between 3, selected Frontier, and I got Frontier ground vehicles and Swiss ULDs, as expected:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/images/2016-6-3_23-12-21-291.jpg

Yes.
It worked before the latest update. I am at FlyTampa Montreal Gate 55.
Is GSX getting confused with so many airline codes in the afcad file parking spot?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 12:15:23 am »

It's working here, as you can see in the screenshot. I tried at KIAH A14, with 8 different parking codes.

Is GSX getting confused with so many airline codes in the afcad file parking spot?

It shouldn't, unless the number is so high that would exceed the allowed maximum length of 256 bytes per parking, which is 64 codes.

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 05:20:57 am »

It's working here, as you can see in the screenshot. I tried at KIAH A14, with 8 different parking codes.

It shouldn't, unless the number is so high that would exceed the allowed maximum length of 256 bytes per parking, which is 64 codes.

Can you try default CYUL if you do not have FlyTampa? I changed nothing except GSX from my last flight same route same gate. Received a prompt to select my provider and it was for catering only. Then the truck comes and truck and tug unload pallets with every random airline on them.

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 06:48:41 am »
same flight with that CYUL picture... landed at ZRH... requested deboarding... Swiss show up as unloaded correct. So... a bug with that airport, or ground handling units in the GSX program at CYUL?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 12:49:56 pm »
same flight with that CYUL picture... landed at ZRH... requested deboarding... Swiss show up as unloaded correct. So... a bug with that airport, or ground handling units in the GSX program at CYUL?

Cannot test without the actual scenery. I would need at least the AFCAD file, to see which parking codes are assigned there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 01:46:17 pm »
Maybe this is the reason ?

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6126&start=14

It seems they flagged *all* parkings as "Ramp Mil Cargo", in order to get rid of the default ground vehicles. But since the updated GSX now recognize cargo and non-cargo operators, having a non-cargo parking flagged as cargo will surely cause issues.

We'll probably need to add the option to the scenery customization dialog to override what the developer has specified in the AFCAD, like the Pushback preference.

p3dx3

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »
Maybe this is the reason ?

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6126&start=14

It seems they flagged *all* parkings as "Ramp Mil Cargo", in order to get rid of the default ground vehicles. But since the updated GSX now recognize cargo and non-cargo operators, having a non-cargo parking flagged as cargo will surely cause issues.

We'll probably need to add the option to the scenery customization dialog to override what the developer has specified in the AFCAD, like the Pushback preference.

That's it. I will make sure the parking spots are all gates or cargo thank you for assistance.