Author Topic: Couatl StackHash error  (Read 16892 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl StackHash error
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:41 pm »
Did that twice already. Each time AV was off during download and install (Avast free).

And ? Do you still have the same error about the missing wx ?

72westy

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 12:01:08 am »
Did that twice already. Each time AV was off during download and install (Avast free).

And ? Do you still have the same error about the missing wx ?

Unsure as I never was aware of it prior. But I would think after 2 failed attempts it likely was there. I did however test FSX Acceleration and no crash...but then again I haven't updated lately either. Add-on manager when open shows 3.0.0.14

FYI: I always make it a habit to shut the AV off when downloading new update for either FSX/P3D and leave it off during install. And I never ever run either sim with it on.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:02:57 am by 72westy »
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

72westy

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 01:26:49 am »
New install of both KLAX and CYVR. No crashes yet. No GSX installed and installers used are from today (download).
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

adf714

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 01:42:04 am »
I have FlightBeam KSFOHD and KPHX, as well as FSDT CYVR, KLAS, and KORD installed with no issues. Since installing KMEM on Sunday, I have been unable to spend more than 5 minutes in the sim without receiving a StackHash CTD. They come at random times, sometimes midair, sometimes on the ground (irregardless of if I'm at a FSDT/FB airport or not), and sometimes when I'm trying to load the sim. I uninstalled AddOn Manager and Couatl scripting engine and was able to complete flights without crashes. I decided to do a fresh reinstall today and downloaded the AddOn Manager from the FSDT website at 2300Z, and still got the exact same error. I am running Prepar3D 3.5 on Windows 7 64-bit, with Active Sky Next, FSUIPC (registered), and the PMDG NGX. Here is my latest crash report:

Code: [Select]
Fault bucket 847354549, type 25
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.3.5.17625
P3: 5758bb31
P4: StackHash_0a9e
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: ffb301b7
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER30B8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_576d172f9de54bea232825b2f3bdb5fdc1751_182865dc

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: fdd1ef8b-3808-11e6-b58d-001d92afd7f8
Report Status: 0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 01:49:22 am »
I decided to do a fresh reinstall today and downloaded the AddOn Manager from the FSDT website at 2300Z, and still got the exact same error.

The previous poster confirmed his crashes went away, and so other users in other threads too. Please be SURE (absolutely sure) you:

- Turn OFF the antivirus when installing

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the sim folder from scanning.

adf714

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 01:52:02 am »
100% sure, I don't use any kind of live-scanning antivirus software

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 01:55:18 am »
100% sure, I don't use any kind of live-scanning antivirus software

Not even the default Windows Defender ? I noticed that, opposite to all other reports, your crash happens in Prepar3D.exe NOT Couatl.exe. What other 3rd party modules have you installed ?

Have you tried disabling ALL of them, except (of course) bglmanx.dll from the dll.exe and Couatl.exe from exe.xml ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:00:17 am by virtuali »

edwardpat

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 02:08:31 am »
As I've said, so many times already, we were never able to replicate any of these errors, but several users found to be related with using lots of other 3rd party addons.

What other 3rd party addons with a module you have installed ?

Sorry for suggesting something: Couldn't be better to have a list of the addons that could cause trouble when using FSDT apps?. I don't want to think that a general statement like "several users found to be related with using lots of other 3rd party addons" will suggest a limit on the numbers of the addons we may use in our simulators, which is obviously a very unfortunate approach.
Cheers, Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 02:19:03 am »
Sorry for suggesting something: Couldn't be better to have a list of the addons that could cause trouble when using FSDT apps?

I don't have any crashes, and I keep installing stuff, but still haven't found a problem...

I don't want to think that a general statement like "several users found to be related with using lots of other 3rd party addons" will suggest a limit on the numbers of the addons we may use in our simulators, which is obviously a very unfortunate approach.

You are now confusing this with another ENTIRELY different issue, which doesn't have anything to do with what is being reported here, which is the StackHash_0a9e error in Couatl.exe (which of course I or anyone else at FSDT is able to replicate either), with the last user reporting instead a StackHash_0a9e error in Prepar3D.exe, so they are at least TWO different issues, possibly similar, although, if you search on Lockhed Martin forum for "StackHash_0a9e" related to Prepar3D.exe, you'll find many reports of it, none of them associated with any of our products, but it seems to happen for a number of reasons.

The one you are confusing with, is another problem of many "unrecognized id" in the error log, which MIGHT be caused, instead, by Simconnect flooded with commands by too many addons, so we don't get a chance to talk with it, or it replies with corrupted data. But it's NOT what is being discussed here.

We are obviously trying to understand what really causes BOTH problems but, you will understand that, as long as we are unable to replicate it, we can only rely on user's help because the only possible explanation is some kind of conflict with something we don't use or we don't know.

Unfortunately, while users seems very active posting here, even if I asked repeated times to have a Teamviewer connection, at least with those that have repeatable crashes, but nobody with either these two problems has contacted me back to arrange it.

Now, it's 2:20 AM here, and I'm still posting, and for EACH and EVERY crash report, I ALWAYS try to replicate the same situation as reported (compatible with the addons I have, of course) and as of today, I still haven't seen A SINGLE crash on my system. Same as anybody else at FSDT.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:20:50 am by virtuali »

Mooze

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2016, 04:26:49 am »
I would like to report the same issue here using P3D 3.0, Crash Error StackHash_0a9e, I am havin crashes when loading, at the menu and in sim everytime the same error. installed GSX, YVR, HNL, LAS.

ffm777

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 09:56:31 am »
Did a full flight in the PMDG 777 from Aerosoft EDDF v2 to FlyTampa Copenhagen. No more hashstack error. So for me the problem seems to be solved...

Only small problem I had at the departure airport was that even though the GSX pushback worked fine, I couldn't see the pushback truck in outside view.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2016, 10:30:04 am »
I would like to report the same issue here using P3D 3.0, Crash Error StackHash_0a9e, I am havin crashes when loading, at the menu and in sim everytime the same error. installed GSX, YVR, HNL, LAS.

The poster after you confirmed his crashes went away, and so other users in other threads too. Please be SURE (absolutely sure) you:

- Turn OFF the antivirus when installing

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the sim folder from scanning.

spsergey

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2016, 10:32:49 am »
Did a full flight in the PMDG 777 from Aerosoft EDDF v2 to FlyTampa Copenhagen. No more hashstack error. So for me the problem seems to be solved...

Only small problem I had at the departure airport was that even though the GSX pushback worked fine, I couldn't see the pushback truck in outside view.

I have a towing truck is visible, but marshal not walks but swims on straight legs.

72westy

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:25 pm »
No crashes thus far. What I did was remove all FSDT products clean folders out. Prior to reinstalling turn anti virus off completely. Once confirmed off redownload all new installers of your products then reinstall products. Once done go into where you can add an exclusion/s in your anti virus (still off). Remove any old or previous exclusion\s you had. Make new one\s that include the whole folder not just a single file.

Done.