Author Topic: Switching from FSX to P3D  (Read 2575 times)

Snidefarthing

Switching from FSX to P3D
« on: May 26, 2016, 10:06:46 pm »
I know this has probably been asked a million times but will my FSX version 1.19 work in P3D or do I have to buy a separate installer?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Switching from FSX to P3D
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:47:53 am »
None of our products require a repurchase when going from FSX to P3D, and the installer is the same. Of course, be sure you use the *current* version of the installer, not an older version you might have downloaded in the past, since it might not support all the latest P3D versions.

Snidefarthing

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 05:40:16 pm »
None of our products require a repurchase when going from FSX to P3D, and the installer is the same. Of course, be sure you use the *current* version of the installer, not an older version you might have downloaded in the past, since it might not support all the latest P3D versions.
Thank you Umberto, but if I use the current version that might mess up my FSX.
I guess I have no choice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 06:05:07 pm »
Thank you Umberto, but if I use the current version that might mess up my FSX.

The current version surely won't "mess" your FSX. But that's irrelevant, since installing into P3D it's an entirely separate install.

I guess I have no choice?

You obviously have a choice, you can choose between:

1) installing the current version under P3D and leaving FSX with the version you already have there

2) installing the current version under P3D AND FSX. Which means, running the installer twice, once for each sim.

The only CORRECT choice is of course #2, not because #1 will cause "problems", but only because there's no reason why you would want to continue to use an outdated version in FSX.