Author Topic: KDFW Flickering & Runway visability **SOLVED**  (Read 6027 times)

mdrandle1

KDFW Flickering & Runway visability **SOLVED**
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:52:57 am »
Hello- I recently purchased and installed KDFW. Great work. Looks just like the real thing.
I have a couple of issues that I need help with. I'm sure it is on here but I have not been able to locate any answers.

1. Takes about 10 seconds for scenery to appear once FSX is launched.
2. The entire airport flickers from overview (top-down mode).
3. The runway textures blend in with grass from afar. Roughly 100 yards in distance. Also, during landing, runways are not clearly visible until very close to the airport. (not a bad thing if your landing on the wrong runway or taxiway)  ;)
4. I had hoped that version 2.0 would had helped but once downloaded and installed, the system (FSX) crashes before it loads up.

I am running Windows 7 with I 7 processor with 8G RAM. I have a G-Force GE 740 graphics card with the latest drivers installed.

I think that is about it. Any help will be much appreciated.

If you need any more info, then please let me know.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:39:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Flickering & Runway visability.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:39:48 am »
2. The entire airport flickers from overview (top-down mode).

This is by design, and cannot be fixed, due the way the ground is made (using native FSX materials, which is what allows such good performances to begin with )

3. The runway textures blend in with grass from afar. Roughly 100 yards in distance. Also, during landing, runways are not clearly visible until very close to the airport. (not a bad thing if your landing on the wrong runway or taxiway)  ;)

This has been discussed so many times on the forum, and it doesn't have anything to do with the scenery. It's a problem of your video settings: if you don't enable Anisotropic filtering on your video card, every scenery with fully custom runway/taxiways will look blurred.

Go into your video card Control Panel, and enable Anisotropic filter at 16x

4. I had hoped that version 2.0 would had helped but once downloaded and installed, the system (FSX) crashes before it loads up.

Not sure what do you mean with "version 2.0". You said you purchased it recently, and KDFW hasn't been updated in months, latest version which is online now is 2.2 and it's dated Nov. 2015.

mdrandle1

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »
Ok great.  Thanks for the help. Can you send me the link for the most current update?
I'll look at this tonight and see if that fixes things.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:43:04 pm »
There's only one installer on our site, on the Products page, and it's always kept updated.

However, it won't change anything because, as I've said, the flickering in top down view is normal, and the blurred runways are caused by lack of Anisotropic filtering in your video card settings.

mdrandle1

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:33:40 pm »
Ok. I change settings this evening and see what that does.

mdrandle1

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 12:44:11 am »
That fixed it. Thanks for the help.