Author Topic: JFK V2 Runways  (Read 3816 times)

flightman49

JFK V2 Runways
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:30:00 pm »
I have a problem seeing the runways when coming in for a landing. The runways are all washed out and there are no Localizer lights. How can this be fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2 Runways
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »
The problem is not the scenery, but your graphic settings: in order to see correctly airport sceneires with custom textured runways, you must be sure the Anisotropic filter ( 8x or 16x ) in your Video Card Control Panel. Set it to enhance or override/force the application settings.

flightman49

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 04:39:34 pm »
That worked........Thank you

gerrarditto

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 02:24:39 am »
I have exactly the same problem!! But unfortunately, I already have the Anisotropic filter set to 16x. Tried with 8x/ same results. Any other suggestion ?
I have a problem seeing the runways when coming in for a landing. The runways are all washed out and there are no Localizer lights. How can this be fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 11:46:43 am »
I have exactly the same problem!! But unfortunately, I already have the Anisotropic filter set to 16x.

The only possible explanation, is the Anisotropic filter is not enabled. Maybe the video driver is not reading your settings, either because you haven't set it to override/enhance the application setting, or another tweak utility is interfering with it.

Blurred runways, assuming you run the scenery with the resolution it was designed, which is 4096x4096 for most of the textures of JFK V2 ground, are always caused by a lack of Anisotropic filtering, which is used precisely to fix the blurring that results from the low visual angle typically involved during an approach.