Author Topic: Runway 4L+R ILS  (Read 10209 times)

Catchman86

Runway 4L+R ILS
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:30:52 pm »
Guys,

My apologies of this has been posted before, but I have been having a problem getting the ILS on both runway 4s to work. They seem to loop me out to the side without actually bringing me in. I have tested the situation with default and addon aircraft with the same result. Any ideas what could be causing this? I also have Imaginesim's KLGA installed so I'm looking to see if there is a conflict with the ILS. Any thoughts?

Cheers!
Anthony

Catchman86

Re: Runway 4L+R ILS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:38:49 am »
Guys I can't seem to find a solution, do you have any advice? I've reinstalled the product several times and the issues keeps occurring. Do you have any suggestions?

nabeel

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:25:15 pm »
Any extra AFCAD files? That would screw it up for sure

Catchman86

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:58:02 pm »
No extra Afcads. I have the ap_kjfk.bgl, the appr_kjfk.bgl, and the fsx default file. Those are the only ones.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:25:46 pm »
There must be another scenery in conflict. You can verify yourself the ILS at JFK are correct, by opening the AFCAD file with an FSX AFCAD utility, like ADE. There, you can see the ILS is having the same heading as the runway (note that both will be listed as true headings, not mag.)

NOTE: the 22R, instead, IS an offset-ILS, so it's supposed to be not aligned, but this is just as it is in real life.

Catchman86

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:00:09 pm »
I would think that the conflict could be with Imaginesim KLGA installed. I will try to see if I recognize a difference this weekend with it uninstalled. I have AFX and can see that the afcads are correct. I will report later this weekend if I can find a difference.

Catchman86

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 07:03:07 pm »
So I uninstalled both sceneries and am back down to the defaults. I still can't figure out the problem. I have attached a picutre of what AFX shows to be the default airport. I see that some of the navaids are not on the runways. However, that seems to be the case at several FSX default airports and might have no consequences. If somebody could send me the their default, I can check to see if mine has a problem. Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/0302/Scenery/APX28170.bgl

I'd really like to know what's happening. I'm 99% sure it's nothing to do with FSDT, but I can't understand why an installed Afcad, one that takes priority, won't fix the problem. Thanks for the help.

Anthony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 07:24:35 pm »
I have attached a picutre of what AFX shows to be the default airport. I see that some of the navaids are not on the runways. However, that seems to be the case at several FSX default airports and might have no consequences.

That's normal, the navaids that you see as not being on the runways are the GLIDESLOPES, they don't affect the lateral deviation at all, and the positioning to the side of the runway is absolutely right and realistic.

I can't understand why an installed Afcad, one that takes priority, won't fix the problem. Thanks for the help

Normally, it should. But, as usual, things might be more complex than that. Even if the AFCAD is the correct and standard way to create an ILS, starting from FS9, is also possible to place an ILS inside a FS2002-style BGL so, if you have a stray BGL, perhaps coming from another scenery that you thought to have removed long time ago, this one might take over the AFCADs. The issue is that, it might be difficult to find it, because AFACD or any other similar utility won't find ILS inside FS2002 BGL.

Catchman86

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:29 pm »
I removed all my addon scenery and tested to see if that made a difference, none indicated. Would reinstalling the default scenery bgls for that region fix the problem? Perhaps a file has been corrupted? I really don't want to reinstall fsx just to fix one airport's ILS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 04:14:27 am »
Would reinstalling the default scenery bgls for that region fix the problem? Perhaps a file has been corrupted?

I don't know, if an original file was corrupted, it would probably not load at all, very difficult a corruption would affect *just* one ils heading. I'm still conviced that you have some leftover from another addon that either added its own bgl in one of the default folders, or it modified a default bgl.

Catchman86

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 07:34:06 pm »
I did have Wilco Citation X installed and that product does add a hangar or something like it to several airports, KJFK included. I can't find any trace of it left (uninstalled a while back), but do you think they would've modified the default file instead of putting a bgl in the /Addon Scenery?

Nborra

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 09:47:17 pm »
Hi Catchman86, do you have installed TrafficX? Since I've installed it I also have problem with 4L ILS... Following Umberto's suggestions I've checked for conflicting .bgl files using "FSX Airport Scanner" but I haven't found any other files than FSDT's ones for Jfk.
I've haven't been able to fix the issue so far...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 10:50:22 pm »
Please note that, if an ILS has been added inside an FS2002-style BGL, not in the "AFCAD" format (meaning, not compiled with the bglcomp compiler), no airport scanner tool will find it.

I think it's unlikely any product would add in ILS by modifying the original BGL from MS, it's more probable a new BGL has just been put somewere in an active scenery folder, and left there.

Catchman86

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 07:36:18 pm »
Hi Catchman86, do you have installed TrafficX? Since I've installed it I also have problem with 4L ILS... Following Umberto's suggestions I've checked for conflicting .bgl files using "FSX Airport Scanner" but I haven't found any other files than FSDT's ones for Jfk.
I've haven't been able to fix the issue so far...

No I have Ultimate TrafficX installed. It really stinks that I can't find the file that is conflicting because I've tried just about everything. But thanks for trying to help.

Oh well, it's an AMAZING scenery and I suggest to anyone who might be reading this thread and contemplating a purchase that you go ahead and do so. The problem herein is not because of FSDT but my own tweakings. This scenery one of the most amazing pieces I've ever had and I've been involved in this hobby for a long time.