Author Topic: FSDT sceneries will not install  (Read 677 times)

Budlake

FSDT sceneries will not install
« on: February 19, 2024, 10:19:48 am »
Sirs/Ladies,
My FSDT sceneries LSGG_fsx_setup, LSZHx_setup and KJFK2x_setup will not install into my P3DV5 simulator. Instead, they persist in wanting to install in my (no longer installed) P3D45 simulator. The installer pre-selects the simulator folder and will not allow me to change it.
I have searched the register (win10 pro) for P3D45 and there are many entries, but there are none for P3D5, where my current simulator resides.
I had my P3D45 simulator on my 'C' drive and my P3D5 simulator on a separate drive. I have now, however, removed the P3D45 folder and cleaned the registry with CCleaner but still FSDT sees my simulator as being in the (now non-existent) P3D45 folder.
I have also done a repair of my P3Dv5 installation to no avail.
Where is the installer getting this incorrect install information from?
Can someone please help me as I cannot use FSDT scenery until this is resolved.
 :-\ :( >:(

Thank you.

Mike

Budlake

Re: FSDT sceneries will not install
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:23:26 am »
Will someone please answer this?
I have also sent an email to support, which, too, has not been answered.

Thanks

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT sceneries will not install
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 12:42:19 pm »
Your are assuming you are supposed to install "inside" the simulator, but that's now how our sceneries are supposed to be installed.

According to official LM recommendations, an add-on should be installed OUTSIDE the simulator, and enabled into it by means of an add-on.xml file.  Lots of developers don't follow this rule, so the install "inside the sim", but we do, so we correctly install in our own folder, and properly use the add-on.xml to have the simulator see the scenery.

So, as long you are using an installer that supports P3D V5 ( and all our current installers surely do ), the scenery will surely be enabled in the sim at the end of the installation.