Author Topic: GSX will not work at all **SOLVED**  (Read 4902 times)

Benrudd

GSX will not work at all **SOLVED**
« on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »
Just purchased GSX from FSPilotShop. I downloaded and installed, but nothing. I tried CTRL+12, nothing. Not on the addons tab either. I read that you have to install the full version somehow and enter the code given to you? I got the code, and downloaded the 'full installer' package from the left menu on the FSDT website, but it didn't ask me for any code. The installer looked identical to the original non-working install.
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:10:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX will not work at all
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:11:43 am »
Not on the addons tab either.

This thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

VitaminA330

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:41 pm »
I've got a similar problem that I can't solve with the link however:

GSX doesn't work when it should. However when I'm in position and press Strg+F12 I'm warned to switch off the engines - so the shortcut reacts. But as soon as I switch the engines off, Strg+F12 doesn't react at all with no warning message. It happens at all airports and with all aircraft.

In the menu GSX is indicated and in the addon manager menu it's listed as "active" as it should be.

I recently upgraded Prepar3D to v3.2. AFTER the P3D upgrade I installed GSX new (fresh downloaded version) and after that I additionally ran the standalone manager again - of course all of that with AntiVir and firewall switched off. But still it doesn't work. All sceneries, those by FSDT as well as the ones by Flightbeam work perfectly. It's just GSX that doesn't work. What else could be wrong??

Regards, Dominik

edit: Yes, I also ran the Simconnect.msi without any success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »
However when I'm in position and press Strg+F12 I'm warned to switch off the engines - so the shortcut reacts. But as soon as I switch the engines off, Strg+F12 doesn't react at all with no warning message. It happens at all airports and with all aircraft.

This indicates your problem doesn't have anything to do with the one discussed in that thread, which are only solutions when the program is NOT starting, because the modules haven't been loaded.

Your problem is entirely different: GSX clearly works and it starts, but it's possible it might have generated an error as soon you called it. It SHOULD have displayed an error message though.

Try to enable Logging in the GSX Settings, then call it again, and exit.

Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file for any errors.

VitaminA330

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 01:16:47 am »
OK, I'm gonna try that tomorrow. So far I can only find a file named coutl.err which shows the following when I open it with the editor:

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Fri Apr 08 16:04:49 2016

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KSEA', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate N 120', 'User Pos': (47.449359914940935, -122.3043738374936, 133.942 m, 1.96434 m, 134.5189632199536)}
disconnected from SimConnect.

Maybe there is more to say tomorrow..

VitaminA330

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:32:57 am »
I've just tried as you adviced. Now there's a lot of stuff in this log file. Maybe the last part could be intersting (??)

Addon KSFO not installed or missing one or more files, skipping.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 78, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 36, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named KSFO
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX loaded
Loading addon KIAD
Addon KIAD loaded
Loading addon KDEN
Addon KDEN loaded
Loading addon KSFOHD
Addon KSFOHD loaded
Starting system monitors
Added Menu SubItem "Settings..." (parentId 81, id 90)
Added Menu SubItem "Customize aircraft..." (parentId 81, id 91)
Added Menu SubItem "Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl™        Shift+Ctrl+F12" (parentId 81, id 93)
Loading aircraft data from Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL
Airplane major/minor version: 737 800
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Near airport 'yssy' has a visibility range of 3 miles
Loading airport YSSY from G:\P3D3\Scenery\1105\scenery\APX88440.bgl
Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 81, id 96)
disconnected from SimConnect.

The only thing I did after enabeling the error logging was standing at the default Sydney airport YSSY with the PMDG 737 and trying to push Strg+F12 a few times. Same result as before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 11:06:53 am »
The log file after you enabled logging doesn't show any errors, just the program has been disconnected from the sim, which is what is supposed to be happening when you quit the sim.

Please be sure to do as follows:

- Start the sim and be sure logging is already enabled when you start it. If it's not, enabled it, quit from the sim and restart it again.

- Do what you did before (pushback), possibly try with a default plane on a default airport.

- Once you verified the menu doesn't appear anymore, exit the sim.

Post the ENTIRE Couatl.log file, not just a segment. DO NOT post the file content in the message. ZIP the file, and Attach it to the message.

VitaminA330

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 04:13:49 pm »
OK, that's what I did. I've attached the file to the message now.

Same behaviour of GSX: I got a warning because of the running engine and because of the parking brake. But as soon as everything was alright to use GSX nothing was shown anymore, neither via Strg+F12 nor via menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 11:06:57 am »
Same behaviour of GSX: I got a warning because of the running engine and because of the parking brake. But as soon as everything was alright to use GSX nothing was shown anymore, neither via Strg+F12 nor via menu.

Your log doesn't show any errors. From your description of the report, it seems you have just got the very well known P3D issue of missing menus (nothing to do with GSX ), because you installed just the "Client".

There's a problem with the P3D Client-only installer, so that ALL 3rd party apps with a menu won't display it, if you don't install the "Content" too or use the "Full" installer. See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.msg98756.html#msg98756

VitaminA330

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:42 am »
Thanks a lot! That finally solved it.