Author Topic: bglmanx.dll problem  (Read 4026 times)

morten7741

bglmanx.dll problem
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:48:11 pm »
Hello, so I have this problem with my P3D V3, when I start my sim up P3D comes up with a message saying: The procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll. And this is a completely new installation of P3D, and gsx did work on the older installation on this computer. I do believe this is a problem that GSX makes, since it only occurs when I install GSX and it goes away when I uninstall it.

Thanks
Morten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll problem
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:37:08 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or any of our software.

It's caused, instead, but ANOTHER 3rd party module you have installed that is using an earlier Simconnect version (the RTM), which is missing the SimConnect_Text API call, introduced by the Simconnect SP1 so, because of this module, the sim is loading the outdated Simconnect.

This has been discussed many times on the forum, and the solution is to ensure that bglmanx.dll is loaded first, which of course is what our installers do, but it seems that it doesn't always work with P3D 3.x, but some users fixed it by copying lines in the dll.xml file under %APPDATA%, to the file into %PROGRAMDATA%, which is always read before anything else. See here for the explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg97823.html#msg97823

Of course, the "real" solution would be other developers would stop using the old Simconnect, because the problem will likely reappear if some of those modules would start to install into %PROGRAMDATA%, but in the meantime, this should work.

morten7741

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »
Ok, im going to try that, thanks

Morten

morten7741

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28:24 pm »
Ok so I've found out that it is PMDG that is actually messing it up, it don't remove it's entries from the dll.xml.
I think I will work if I install GSX and then PMDG instead of the other way around which I did before, so can anyone help me with editing the dll.xml, last time I tried to it it just broke it.

Morten

morten7741

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:39:50 pm »
UPDATE: I've moved addon manager dll entry to the top in the dll.xml in the programdata folder, but no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 06:43:03 pm »
UPDATE: I've moved addon manager dll entry to the top in the dll.xml in the programdata folder, but no luck.

This is what I feared:

Of course, the "real" solution would be other developers would stop using the old Simconnect, because the problem will likely reappear if some of those modules would start to install into %PROGRAMDATA%

So, it will work only if there are NO other 3rd party modules that use an OUTDATED Simconnect are present in the DLL.XML under %PROGRAMDATA%, otherwise the issue will be exactly the same, just on a different file.

Basically, try to have bglmanx.dll ALONE in the DLL.XML under %PROGRAMDATA%

morten7741

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 06:56:45 pm »
Basically, try to have bglmanx.dll ALONE in the DLL.XML under %PROGRAMDATA%
[/quote]

So I did that and it worked, what do I do now to get the pmdg in there again without getting the pop up message again?

Morten

morten7741

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 08:39:09 pm »
I've got it to work.. Well kind of, now it is pmdg can find the pmdgoptions in the dll, although it is in there...

Morten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 09:41:22 am »
I've got it to work.. Well kind of, now it is pmdg can find the pmdgoptions in the dll, although it is in there...

Since PMDG uses the (correct) SP2 Simconnect, as we do, the most likely cause, is that the PMDG is AFFECTED by the that other 3rd party module which uses the older version, JUST LIKE bglmanx.dll was affected earlier. If you followed the thread I've linked before, some users reported this problem might be caused by the RAAS Pro program, but that's just a theory.

Try to have both the pmgd modules and bglmanx in the DLL.XML under %PROGRAMDATA%, and everything else in the DLL.XML under %APPDATA%